What's new

Buying a plasma TV: web or B&M (1 Viewer)

Joey^T

Grip
I'm looking to buy a plasma TV and the difference in price for the same product on the web and at a B&M store is incredible. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience buying from the web and which are the better ones.

Thanks a lot!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Quality web dealers will take care of broken in shipping mechandise very well in most cases. So buy web.

Retailers will handle dissatisfaction with merchandise a little better in my experiences as long as it is within 10 to 30 days after purchase so buy B&M...

Not so easy a choice huh??? I saved the buckos and bought on the web and it worked out well for me. Not a plasma though for me, I'm not sure if that would of altered my choice or not. Well since I am generally poor probably not. lol

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
It depends on the PDP panel as well. All (that I've seen anyway) B&M stores carry consumer versions (with stands, speakers, tuners, etc) and many of the internet sellers carry only commercial variations of the same displays (sans tuner, stand, etc) Some internet sellers carry both. The biggest difference between the two versions is available inputs and warranty service. Generally, warranty service is handled on an "in home" basis for the consumer panels and a "ship back" basis for the commercial units. As far as PQ is concerned there usually is no difference.

Mort

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Where are you located and what is the willingness of your local dealers to maybe not match but be more in line with them in pricing?

Bob Doseck

Auditioning
Joey,
As a forum sponsor, we can help determine what your specific needs are. Give us a call and we will see what we can do for you. Our toll free number is 866-538-0334. Or just click on our logo on the home page.

Thanks,
Bob Doseck
Plasma Concepts

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks