What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Buying a new tv, multisystem or not? (1 Viewer)

M

macjunky

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for purchasing a new multisystem television. I have just bought a OPPO DV-981HD dvd player and now my old tv is on its last leg.

So here is my situation. Verizon is going to be hooking up their FiOS fiber optic service in my area in the new 2 weeks, the line and everything is already ran just waiting for them to come and hook me up for fiber optic tv, internet and phone. So it seems like it is time for me to buy a 16x9 HDTV.

I am a huge movie fan, I have an equal collection of PAL and NTSC dvds, so that is why I thought it would be a good call to get a multisystem tv. I know the oppo can convert PAL/NTSC/Secam but would the picture look better on a multisystem tv rather than a just ntsc tv?

I am a fan of sony tvs, do they have any multisystem tvs worth looking at?
Should I even bother looking at multisystem tvs?

I live in Philadelphia, USA and my budget for this is in the $1,000 to $1500 range give or take. Does anyone here have any good suggestions for me to look at?

As you can see I have a few question I am not sure about and help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a total newbie but I still have lots to learn, that is why I am here asking for your help. If any other information is needed please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Many of the LCD's are multi-system TV's based on economies of scale. It is cheaper for the Chinese manufacturers to make a TV that will work world-wide rather than for a particular market.

MY Konka, VIZIO and Westinghouse LCD's displayed PAL DVD's played in a Panasonic & Pioneer region-free player/recorders that do not include video converters. The PAL DVD's displayed perfectly on each LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJL
Recent bookmarks