What's new

Buying a new TV.. Advice? (1 Viewer)

AdamS

Grip
Hey guys/gals.. I'm going to be buying a new TV sometime in the next month or so and was wondering what would be best for me...

Mostly I am going to be watching DVD's or playing games from consoles like gamecube or playstation 2..

My budget is somewhere between 1-2k I would say..

Thanks for any help :)

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Go out there and take a look at what's out there. Remember though that stores will adjust the picture to make it look as good as possible and may not be representative of the actual picture once you have adjusted it properly in-house.

Research HTF for issues on any TVs that you are considering, but do not let other people's opinions overly influence your purchase. Trust your own eyes.

That being said, everyone here is extremely helpful and can get you pointed in the right direction :emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I just bought a Sony 32HS510 HD ready.

After fixing the red puch and calibrating the set it looks simply amazing. I also had to adjust the 16x9 mode and geometery a bit.

I saw it showing HDTV in CC and to me the picture was better than the other TVs in that price range.

I spend $1200 - if I have another $500 I would have gone wth a 16:9 JVC.

But I recommend the HS510. It looks great.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,

I got the Sony KP-57WS510 just several weeks ago and like you, I couldn't be happier.

I finally got up the courage to make some service menu tweaks, but I really don't think I'll see a huge improvement until I upgrade my DVD player. I'm currently running a non-pro-scan DVD player over S video :frowning:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I got a code free Proscan player - The Pioneer 363K.

You can find it online for under $200. Great DVD player:emoji_thumbsup:

Ive been in heaven the past few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks