What's new

Buying a new RPTV, suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure where to start. I have heard great things about Mitsu's but not much else. Here is what I'm looking for and maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. I have about 3500 to spend (a little negotiable... hoping to catch a 2003 tv on a good sale before 2004's come out)

I'll use the TV for 25% DVDs, 25% HDTV, and 50% satellite tv. Definetly want a 65" + widescreen TV. Where should I start looking?

thanks guys!

Jim

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
If you have light-control (like in a dedicated HT room or if you mostly care about critical viewing at night can can get-buy with a normal "TV" for day-time viewing) I DEFINITELY urge you to go FP. Come September we should have some great new options out there at some really attainable price-points.

Nothing beats the impact of a 100" screen. It's *real* home-theater :D

p.s. still saving for my own FP while my room gets ready.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What are the chances of putting together a complete FP system (PJ, screen, mounts) for under $2000 in the near future?

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

When I bought my Panasonic PT-L200U in June Projectorpeople had it bundled with a 16:9 67"x38" Da-Lite Model B matte white pull down screen for $1099. I spent $60 for my PJ mount (it is actually a TV wall mount designed for up to 27" TVs). The future is already here. Search this forum and the "digital projectors under $5000 USD MSRP" area at avsforum.com.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow! That's pretty good. Is it feasible to plug things like cable boxes and videogame consoles into that sort of setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks