What's new

Buying a HDTV ready 32 inch TV. Need Opinions (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting a 32 inch HD ready Tv this week. Was considering the Panasonic CT-32HX41, until I reads alot of negatives about geometry. Now I'm very strongly considering the Hitachi 32UDX10S. There seems to be less "issues" with it. Size of set is a major consideration, as it must fit in a 33.5H x 29W inch opening. Any other products as good or better? Any personal experiences with the prior mentioned sets welcomed. I'm not willing to buy from an internet store on an item of that size & cost. Thanks for your kind help.

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Not all of the Panasonic sets have problems with geometry. I have the 36" version and the geometry is almost perfect. There is a very slight upward curvature in the upper left of the picture. However, it is only noticable if you really look for it. The picture on this set is stunning, particularly with a good source.
All flat screen sets are a little bit of a crapshoot when it comes to geometry. If you end up buying one, I would suggest spending the extra required to buy it locally. This will allow you to exchange it if required due to geometry issues.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Jeff,
Sure hope you got those dim's reversed. The 32udx10s is about 30 3/4" WIDE and 26" tall. ;)

Dave_N

Grip
Got the panny ct32hx41. Minimal geometry problem. Great picture for both cable and DVD sources. Love it; it has a great looking picture out-of-box. My only complaint: does not allow separate picture adjustments for each video source.

BTW, I got mine with a Sears price match to Advanced Video Systems: 1202 + 80 (shipping) = 1282.

If you decide on this TV, be sure that manufacture date is recent, like Sept. 2001 or later!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks