Buying a cd writer need some advice

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MikeFR, Mar 22, 2004.

1. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

May 16, 2002
    Im calling upon the great wisdom of the HTF [​IMG]

I am trying to decide between two drives. The first is the LG GCE-8525B 52X32X52 CD-RW, the second is the LG GCC-4521B 52x 32x 52x CD-RW/16x DVD.

At first I was going to get the 52x32x52 CD-RW drive but then I noticed the other drive which also was capable of reading DVD's.

I most likely would not use the dvd portion very often. In fact I would probably only use it for DVD Profiler [​IMG].

I could not find any reviews for the drive with dvd capabilities so basically what I am wondering is, would there be any difference between the two models when it comes to cd-r and cd-rw writing.

Does anyone think there would be a difference/problem(s) between the two drives?

The dvd drive is only $10 more at the moment so I am leaning toward picking that one up.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Mar 6, 2001
    The lack of replies pretty much means that we're surprised they even make CD-R burners anymore. DVD-R burners also burn CD-Rs, so just get one of those.

If you have a MicroCenter in your area, they usually have tons of old CD-R burners that people were throwing away, for cheap.
  3. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Jun 29, 2000
    CD burning technology is so widespread that most any drive you find that has the features you want at the price you're looking for is pretty safe to go with.

I wouldn't spend more than $50 for whatever you get.