What's new

buying a 36 inch TV?.....help? (1 Viewer)

Phil Yeredin

Auditioning
Hi there
I am moving to the states in September and am looking to get a reasonable but not over expensive TV and then a DVD player to go with it. I would like a decent 36 inch set that i can hook up with DVD and hi-fi later. I have looked at the sony sets and would appreciate any help in any other considerations. I am in to hi-fi and would be looking at getting the best pic and sound quality (natch) for my money. Any help would be really welcome.
Thanking the community in advance
Phil:confused:

Phil Yeredin

Auditioning
i can't believe that no one has an opinion here.....you all must have equipment of your own, or desire etc.
incidentally, i am going to buy from the states and have it delivered asap to my fiance there
:confused:

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,
For direct view TV's, I'm partial to Sony since I can't afford Loewe...KD36XBR450 or the non-XBR high scan version KV36HS20(HDTV compatible). I really have my eye on their widescreen version (KD34XBR2) which has an HDTV receiver built in. Panasonic widescreen would be my 2nd choice (CT34WX20) w/o HDTV receiver since it is much more affordable. I wasn't impressed with the Philips sets (34PW9817).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Phil --
You might get more responses in the Display Devices (TVs, Projectors) forum. I'll move the thread there now.
M.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have had good luck with JVC and I have friends who also like Toshiba.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If your looking for a cheaper model than the Sony's & etc take a look at the Samsung 36 inch sets. They have component video inputs & can do the "Squeeze Trick" for DVD's & they can be had for under $600.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks