Buying 855A, is the warranty transferable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimG, Jul 25, 2002.

1. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Just wondering if I buy this amp from a reseller, if the warranty is transferable, or is it only good for the original purchaser? Thanks in advance.

TimG

2. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Tim,

As Gordon has provided the link, the answer is NO, the warranty is not transferable.

One thing to consider though, is the warranty card filled out and sent in to Parasound that comes with the equipment? New, unopened box??

My experience has been that SOMETIMES companies will service a product if you send in the warranty card and then if the product needs service, you can always tell them the dog ate the sales slip or it was lost IF they request it. You just need to register it. Parasound does not provide the ability to register online, so it would be sent in via snail mail if I recall. In the case of the 855A, you can always tell them you bought it on ubid.

This happened to me with one piece of equipment that I own that I bought from a reseller. It's can be a bit of a chance to take, but that situation worked out for me.

Much Luck....

4. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Thanks everybody, that is what I figured.

TimG

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Tim,

You only need a copy of the invoice from the reseller to make it work. If the 855A is unopened...the warranty card is intact. With the invoice you can get service any time.