Buy from NXGen with Exteme Caution!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Ernst, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

** Buy from NXGen with Extreme Caution **
    I'm putting a warning out for any potential purchasers to buy from NXGen with extreme caution. The Denon AVR-883 receiver that I purchased from them would not function properly with the 2nd zone outputs. Within 30 days of purchasing this receiver, I elected to return the receiver. I went through the RMA process after reading their policy. NXGen does not have a "definate" policy when it comes to restocking fees. They can "elect" to charge restocking fees where appropriate. Clearly, when I submitted the RMA request to them, I described the issue that I was experiencing and sent the receiver to them. Well, last week I received my credit card statement. NXGen hit me up for a 15% restocking fee on this receiver. NXGen took $49.05 out of the refund for the "restocking fee."
    I'm all for restocking fees or open box fees when people insist on buying items to "try" them out for a few weeks, then return the item. However, if I get charged a restocking fee on an item that is clearly defective, then I get pi$$ed off. Please use extreme caution when buying from NXGen.
    ** Buy from NXGen with Extreme Caution **

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I have a follow-up regarding my transaction with NXGen.com:

Today, I called them since they never responded back to my E-mail inquiry that I made over a week ago regarding the restocking fee that they had charged me.

NXGen informed me that I was charged the restocking fee because the did not *physically* have the defective item back in their possesion by the 30th day. I made the RMA request before the 30th day, but shipping consumed a few additional days.

Plus, they clearly stated that they'll apply restocking fee to anything that has been returned - even if it was defective. Only if you elect to get a replacement product, will you not get a restocking fee applied.

At the conclusion of my call, I informed "Bill" that I had throught pretty highly of their company. In fact, I had referred serveral friends to them. However, I would not be making any purchases from them in the future - nor, would I advise any of my friends to purchase from them because of their policies.