What's new

Buy.com may shut down after Sept 1st (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Well, that's not the reason I would have thought they would shut down. Honestly, I've quit dealing with them since they did away with their customer service.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Well, that's not the reason I would have thought they would shut down.
What was the reason you expected? All it means when a credit card processor cuts off a vendor is that the processor doesn't think the vendor has sufficient revenue to be creditworthy. Credit card processors are on the hook for any chargebacks made by dissatisfied customers (of which buy.com has had many); so if the processor isn't sure that the vendor is good for it, they'll end the relationship.
The article mentions an interim arrangement in which the processor withheld 5% of buy.com's revenues as additional security. That's typically an interim step before terminating the relationship altogether. It's the vendor's last chance to turn things around.
M.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Buy.com has secured a new deal for someone to accept credit cards for them. The news article I saw wasn't very in depth though.
------------------
Adrian Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks