Buy.com Horrible! Avoid!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay W., Oct 30, 2003.

1. Jay W.

Jay W. Stunt Coordinator

Buy.com is a HORRIBLE company. I placed a preorder with them for the Simpsons season 3 because they were the cheapest. I waited, waited, and waited. I kept emailing them and they said they didn't have it in stock, never mind the fact their website said they did making them liars. Anyway, i finally cancelled the order and was told it would take 5-7 business days for a refund to be approved. A week later I emailed them and was told it would take an additional 14-21 days for the refund to be issued. I had to contact them by email because they charge you to talk to someone on the phone! And what poorly written emails they were,it was like a monkey typed them. Anyways I got the refund today and it was for the wrong amount! I will never order from this pathetic, incompetent company ever again even if their prices are the cheapest.

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Interesting. I've never had problems with Buy.com, either in ordering, preordering, or in cancelling orders.

3. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Sounds like the problems many had with them 2-3 years ago. I haven't shopped there since early 2001 because of crap like this.

4. Jay W.

Jay W. Stunt Coordinator

Justin you must be lucky. Keep on ordering from them and your likely to get burned.

5. Mike Camm

Mike Camm Agent

my exp was ok. no complaints

6. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    I ordered some computer supplies from them several years ago, and also found them to be incompetent idiots.

They mistakenly shipped my stuff to the west coast, but still charged me for second day air even though it took 8 days for me to get it.

When I called them, they just said something like "these things happen" (just like Ethel Merman in IAMMMMW [​IMG] )