Buy ALL of the Troma DVDs???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kenny Goldin, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Sep 3, 2000
    You can buy all the Troma DVDs in one big order from Troma directly here . I was wondering if this was a good deal? It comes out to $8.31 per disc which is a good price. I tendc to like schlock and campy horror and I kinda liked Class of Nuke 'Em High and I was not too keen on Alien Blood, though I understand that was not a Troma film per se, they just distributed it. Still, I recall there being a sale where all the DVDs were a quarter a piece whihc would have been only $19.25 for the whole lot! Any chance they will have a similar sale? I think this would be cool, I would have something new to watch for a long time, but at the same time I could buy almost all of Star Trek Voyager for this much which I want too.

I have always wanted to see Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis Must Die, Combat Shock and Bloodsucking Freaks just to name a few off the top of my head. Is this the best offer on these? Should I wait a while in hope of a better sale, like the .25 cent one? Thanks!
  2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Apr 24, 1999
    I bought all the ones they had when they had the 25 cent sale and still haven't watched all of them yet! The quality of some of them is pretty disappointing (though "Surf Nazis" says it's been "digitally mastered", it's actually the same master used for Media Home Entertainment's old VHS tape, with a couple analog tape glitches and the rolling promo during the end credits about the merchandise offer at the end of the tape, which isn't even included on the disc!)
    Their first discs all have the same extras on each one, and since I'm so anal I have to watch them all on each disc, so it gets a bit repetitive (Kabukiman, get behind my ears!)