What's new

Buy a Cube now or wait?? (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
With Resident Evil now available I'm ready to buy a Gamecube. EB is offering a Cube with two controllers, memory card, a Mad Catz extension cable and your choice of RE or Sonic 2 for $272.96. Should I wait a few weeks to see if Nintendo drops the price of the Cube or should I jump on this deal. Also I've never dealt with EB online. Would I be better off buying locally?

Thanks

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'd wait a couple of weeks for an E3 announcement. RE is great but a $50 price drop is greater. ;)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
With the consoles on the verge of a full scale price war I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
While RE is awesome - If you have waited this long,waiting another 2 weeks for E3 couldn't hurt.
Thats another game :)
Calvin

James St

Supporting Actor
I guess I'll wait a little longer and end up buying locally. I don't want to be at the mercy of UPS or Fedex waiting on this thing to arrive anyway.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
One alternative I heard is to buy it at Circuit City now, and if there is a price drop within a month CC will refund 110% of the difference. So if it gets to $149 then you'll get $55 back from Circuit City. Not bad, but ONLY if the price drop is during E3 and not an announcement for the fall.
Ehhh... maybe it's still better to wait. :)

James St

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Scott. I'm planning on buying one in the next few weeks so that 110% deal looks pretty good. If Nintendo waits until the fall before dropping the price then it won't matter for me. I ordered a 53" HDTV last week so I need to rearrange my consoles and rack anyway. I might as well throw a Cube into the mix while its convenient. Thanks.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Could you buy a Cube at somewhere that does the "if the price lowers or it goes on sale within a week after purchase, we reimburse(sp?) you the difference" places a week or so before the price drop, then go back and get your money back?

James St

Supporting Actor
I finally bought one tonight. Haven't hooked it up yet but I'm looking forward to some Rogue Leader. Now I have all the new systems but am stuck here at HTF checking out all the E3 stories and games:b.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks