Buy a Cube now or wait??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James St, May 11, 2002.

  1. James St

    James St Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    May 8, 1999
    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    With Resident Evil now available I'm ready to buy a Gamecube. EB is offering a Cube with two controllers, memory card, a Mad Catz extension cable and your choice of RE or Sonic 2 for $272.96. Should I wait a few weeks to see if Nintendo drops the price of the Cube or should I jump on this deal. Also I've never dealt with EB online. Would I be better off buying locally?

    Thanks
     
  2. Scott L

    Scott L Producer

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2000
    Messages:
    4,457
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I'd wait a couple of weeks for an E3 announcement. RE is great but a $50 price drop is greater. [​IMG]
     
  3. Larry Seno Jr.

    Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2002
    Messages:
    527
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I'm personally waiting for Zelda.
     
  4. Carl Johnson

    Carl Johnson Cinematographer

    Joined:
    May 6, 1999
    Messages:
    2,259
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    1,610
    Real Name:
    Carl III
    With the consoles on the verge of a full scale price war I'm taking a wait and see approach.
     
  5. Calvin Watts III

    Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2001
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    While RE is awesome - If you have waited this long,waiting another 2 weeks for E3 couldn't hurt.
    Thats another game [​IMG]
    Calvin
     
  6. James St

    James St Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    May 8, 1999
    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I guess I'll wait a little longer and end up buying locally. I don't want to be at the mercy of UPS or Fedex waiting on this thing to arrive anyway.
     
  7. Scott L

    Scott L Producer

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2000
    Messages:
    4,457
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    One alternative I heard is to buy it at Circuit City now, and if there is a price drop within a month CC will refund 110% of the difference. So if it gets to $149 then you'll get $55 back from Circuit City. Not bad, but ONLY if the price drop is during E3 and not an announcement for the fall.
    Ehhh... maybe it's still better to wait. [​IMG]
     
  8. James St

    James St Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    May 8, 1999
    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Thanks, Scott. I'm planning on buying one in the next few weeks so that 110% deal looks pretty good. If Nintendo waits until the fall before dropping the price then it won't matter for me. I ordered a 53" HDTV last week so I need to rearrange my consoles and rack anyway. I might as well throw a Cube into the mix while its convenient. Thanks.
     
  9. Morgan Jolley

    Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2000
    Messages:
    8,888
    Likes Received:
    132
    Trophy Points:
    9,110
    Could you buy a Cube at somewhere that does the "if the price lowers or it goes on sale within a week after purchase, we reimburse(sp?) you the difference" places a week or so before the price drop, then go back and get your money back?
     
  10. James St

    James St Supporting Actor

    Joined:
    May 8, 1999
    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I finally bought one tonight. Haven't hooked it up yet but I'm looking forward to some Rogue Leader. Now I have all the new systems but am stuck here at HTF checking out all the E3 stories and games:b.
     

Share This Page