buy 2 get 1 free Playstation 2 game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Jason, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

use code 904494 at amazon. Just bought GT3, Devil May Cry and pre-order SSX Tricky for 105.46 shipped

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I will be using this to pick up some titles that I have been wanting.

3. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

AWESOME!! I just Pre-ordered Metal Gear 2, WWF: Just Bring It and GTA3 for $105.46 shipped. You cannot beat this deal.

4. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Check a certain big toy store this week...
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Calvin, you care to elaborate?
    Do you mean that Toys R Us is going to do the same thing? Certainly not for pre-orders though.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Great deal. Wish I had some money. [​IMG] It's OK though because Dark Age of Camelot is keeping me busy anyway. [​IMG]

8. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Type in this code first: AMZNDSVRCARD and hit apply,
    THEN type in the before-mentioned number code for an additional $10 off.
    I got a great deal on 3 games.
    OR you can get any game for abour $20. You put in your cart 2 Winter Jam Packs (9.99 a piece), then the real game you want. Then put in those two codes and WALLAH, they only charge you for the 2 winter jam packs!
    have fun
    anthony moore

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I got Tony Hawk 3, GTA3, and Tekken Tag Tournament....all for $105!!! Man this rocks! If the TRU is doing this also I am going there this weekend to get Devil May Cry and something else!!!!

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Has anyone done this at an actual TRU yet? I was just wondering if they had any restrictions there. I plan to go Friday and load up.

11. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

you can do the buy 2 get 1 free at TRU brick and mortar. Some of the differences are the following
    - you must have a coupon (appeared in Sunday paper)
    - you are limited to what is in stock (not available for pre-orders unlike Amazon)
    - offer ends 10/27 online and in-store
    - one per customer online (though multiple users per household probably works)
    the deal states buy 2 get 1 free of equal or lesser value so for those trying to scam the system by buying a $9.99 demo disc or vertical/horizontal stand (that might code as a game instead of accessory) just remember that you will lose out on what is already a great deal when Amazon charges you for the full priced game and you get your $9.99 demo for free.
    the ign boards have been talking about this promo ad nausium. People are even buying games now with the deal which they will use to exhange for ones they want in the future.
    Getting a $49.99 game for free when you purchase 2 of the same price is a pretty damn good deal. However, I for one doubt this offer will ever be done again due to the mass amount of rules/terms violations being perpetrated.
    [Edited last by MatS on October 22, 2001 at 06:01 PM]

12. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Wow, this is a great deal. I got DMC, Tony Hawk 3, and Grand Theft Auto for $95! Then I got my mom to do a little advance X-Mas shopping and asked her to get Metal Gear 2, Soul Reaver and the new Bond for the same price.
    Nice.
    JQ

13. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Wow, was I ever happy about this! I applied another coupon and got three games for $105.00. Since I was going to purchase MGS2 and Tony Hawk 3 anyway I may as well get WWF Smackdown for free. What a great deal!
    -Andre F
    ------------------
    -= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

14. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

dood...awesome!! Thanks!!!
    I just ordered MGS2, TH3, and got Smugglers Run 2 for free!
    Thanks again!!
    (the only downside, is you have to wait like an extra day or 2 for the games from Amazon, dunno why)
    ------------------
    - Jason
    My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
    "what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

15. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Just got MGS2, Tony Hawk 3, and FIFA 2002 for $113.45. You just can't beat this deal, less than $38 dollars a game.
    Sean
    ------------------
    "My girls won 10 out of 11. And the 11th was won by a deaf mute. You can't beat that."

16. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

Just pre-ordered SSX Tricky, MGS2, and Splashdown for $96. A very good deal. [​IMG] I went into toys r us and they wouldn't allow any pre-orders for the 3 of 2 price deal..
    These titles are all coming out Nov. 13th..
    Can't wait!!
    bruce

17. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Thinking about doing this again, except with my girlfriends account and then getting MGS2, Ace Combat 4, Capcom vs. SNK 2. I still haven't decided which other three I want, but those are in the running. I already preorder/bought Tekken Tag Tournament, GTA3, and THPS3.

18. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Damn, any chance this will be extended or offered again in the near future? I can't take advantage of this until early November [​IMG].

19. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

James,
    PreOrder some games that come out when you get the money and boom! all your games ship at the same time and they cannot charge your CC until all items are shipped.

20. Dave George

Dave George Stunt Coordinator

James,
    Kelley is right. I'm i nthe same situation a you, and I ordered MGS 2, and asked them not to ship until all items were in stock. BTW, I also got Devil May Cry and GTA3, all for under $100 shipped!