What's new

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on previously viewed at BB. (1 Viewer)

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I was told today by a Blockbuster employee that their next promotion (starting on 9/17) will be buy 2, get 1 free on previously viewed titles. My local store has TONS of previously viewed titles, many for $9.99. Three for $20 wouldn't be too shabby!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Picked up 9 dvds for @$84:

Amelie
Behind Enemy Lines
K-Pax
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
The Last Castle
The Majestic
Mickey's House of Mouse Villains
Return to Never Land
Zoolander

Seems like a good deal, but man, those Blockbuster stickers are nasty! I think in the future I might just stick with Columbia House for all but Disney titles, hit the B&M for lowest prices on those.

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I hit 'em up for another 9 titles today for $87:

The Time Machine
Men In Black
Austin Powers
Austin Powers II
The Musketeer
Mulholland Drive
The One
Jimmy Neutron
Stuart Little (gotta get SOMETHING for the kids!!!)

The stickers are tough to get off, but Goof Off works well. My biggest complaint is the lack of liner notes. Not that I read them very often...but it would be nice to have the choice. But, for less than ten bucks a disc, it's tough to beat!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon wrote: "Wow! They had Mickey's House of Mouse Villains as previously viewed already?!"

Yep, they did have the one copy that I snagged; I was happily surprised to find it!

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
The stickers are tough to get off, but Goof Off works well. My biggest complaint is the lack of liner notes. Not that I read them very often...but it would be nice to have the choice. But, for less than ten bucks a disc, it's tough to beat!
Yeah, I hate it that Blockbuster removes the liner notes, although they didn't do so during their last sale...however, my local Blockbuster apparently has gotten smart with the sticker issue--they no longer put them BB stickers on the case (which you can get around by either peeling them off or getting a new case), but plaster them onto the paper cover itself. Bastards!!!

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Tony, there is a citrus petrolium based product, not goofoff, that stuff is toxic. But goo-off maybe? You can find it at walgreens and such. Should do the trick and not damage the paper cover.

I picked up a few last night, but am now having second thoughts about Royal Ten-blahblah-baums. It didn't come with the insert. Of course these never do... but that one is cool (I think).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I got three today for $21;
Collateral Damage W/S
Harry Potter W/S
Tailor of Panama W/S & P/S
BTW-the $9.99 "buy it after you rent" it deal applies to this too as I recently rented the C.D. dvd, it was $14.99 but I got it for $9.99 :):):)
I think this is a great deal... :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Rob TT--I considered the hairdryer but am a bit skeptical, as the sticker that Blockbuster plastered on the paper cover is paper, i.e., not like those laminated-type or smooth-surface ones (don't know exactly what you call them) that seem to peel off a bit more easily.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
nother helpful tip.... use a sharp knife to peel up a corner after either using hot air or goo-gone. Either way, go slowly. I also fold the peeled up corner back over on itself sticky side out (like a dog ear on a book page) and then push the stickey triangle to the opposite corner. Works like a charm.

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you to all who posted this info before:

Got:
The Others
Amelie
ClockStoppers
K-pax
Bandits
and Tart

all for $50.00 and change

8.43 per dvd