What's new

Buttshaker Amplifier (1 Viewer)

cjdame

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I received 4 free buttshakers when I purchased 4 chairs from 4seating. I have read some reviews and the consensus seems to be that they are worth putting in. Here is my dilemma ... I am significantly over budget on my home theater and I am looking for a way to save any money at all. The 4seating site has the lowest end amplifier selling for $299 and they go up to $599. Three questions:

1. Are these amplifiers specific to "buttshakers" or are they just amplifiers?
2. Is the tactile feel going to be significantly different by upgrading an amplifier from $299 to $599?
3. Can I get a cheaper amplifier that will accomplish the same thing as the $299 amplifier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... I am SOOOOO over budget but would love to add this finishing touch to the project!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Cheap amp as long as it can put out the required power.. We're not dealing with "sound" just shake.

MadDogVAQ33

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
When I spoke with the folks at 4seating I was told that I needed an amplifier with volume control. Most of the amps I have found do not have a volume control, but a gain control.

Enlighten, please, with a few links to some compatible inexpensive buttshaker amplifiers.

You can respond to me at [email protected]

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
You do not necessarily "need" a gain control on the amp because you can control the signal level going out of the receiver. Any decent amp would work. I do not have any models or brands to recommend.

TWO2010

Grip
Real Name
Todd
Chris, How did this turn out? I am building (newbie) my own home theater and looking at 4seating and its shakers. I am trying to decide on an amp. Your story sounds very similar to mine. Thanks. T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks