What's new

Buttkicker2 & Samson 1000 (1 Viewer)

Another question for the wise. I have one CS_Ultra running off my Samson 1000 amp. For that extra channel that's not being used could I hook a buttkicker 2 into it and use it effectively? Has anyone done this? Also is there any place to find these things on the cheap?

Thanks

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
This can be done just fine but I don't know how much power the BK2 requires to really get shakin. I don't have a BK but I am using an array of Aura Shakers off one channel of my crown CE1000 and use the other for my DIY Tempest sub. Works great. The only issure with the BK might be the power issue. Find out for sure how much power is required, then go for it!

Thanks jeff for the info. From what I've read on the buttkickers they sound like they are pretty power hungry - most places offer them in a package with a 1000 watt amp. Whether you need that much or not I have no idea since I haven't had the chance to find anyone that's gone under the recommended power guidelines as of yet.

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
One reviewer commented that he tried a Buttkicker with the manufacturers minimum of 400 watts and was disappointed. Here is the review.
Link Removed

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I haven't tried running my BK2 on less than 1000W. It might work as a temporary solution.

My BK2 is mounted as directed beneath the livingroom floor. I'd imagine it would provide even more shake under an isolated platform. As it is, I'm really pleased with it. I have it adjusted a little on the subtle side. For minor LFE events it just seems like the subwoofer (SVS 20-39PC) is really dishing out a serious rumble. However, I get the rumble without turning the sub. up beyond its proper calibrated level and without turning up the main volume beyond my comfort level. The effect is also localized, so as not to send the sconce in the next room crashing to the floor. When the LFE action heats up, I feel a good healthy shudder in the floor and my main seating. It never fails to make me grin.

The negatives I've encountered have been minor. There's a little fan noise from the Carvin amp, but I turn it off when it's not in use, anyway. The drastic differences in recording levels on DVDs sometimes makes it a challenge to choose a volume level where the BK2 doesn't bottom out (it doesn't harm the unit, but it sounds bad)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks