What's new

Buttkicker II bass shaker coming (1 Viewer)

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
A new version of the bass shaker buttkicker is being released in October. The Buttkicker II. If your thinking of getting into a bass shaker at a great price, let me know because if we can get a dozen people to buy in on one we can get a group buy on it.
see info on the original Buttkicker at www.thebuttkicker.com
Its the bass shaker of bass shakers...
------------------
[Edited last by Troy TN on September 22, 2001 at 02:43 PM]

John H

Second Unit
I believe group purchase organization is against forum rules.
Its the bass shaker of bass shakers...
I use a pair of the original Buttkickers in my system. I have experience with RBH, both the 329F and Platinum Clark Synthesis models. The Clarks are exceptional units but they can not touch the BK when it comes to low frequency extension and output.
I agree, the BK is champion in the world of tactile transducers. It has no peers!
John
------------------
Link Removed
...looking through a glass onion

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
If I have broken a forum rule by posting this, administrators please remove this post. I was only looking for some others who may want to take advantage of the opportunity.
Regards,
------------------

John H

Second Unit
Whats the differnce between the old buttkicker and buttkicker II?
Jens,
I spoke with Marvin Clamme at Guitammer and was informed...
"We've not gotten "production" type prototypes to test fully, yet, but 1st gen prototypes are showing about a 30% increase in efficiency, lower Q (even tighter transient response), very similar resonant frequency,.."
John
------------------
Link Removed
...looking through a glass onion

ChrisA

Second Unit
I spoke at length today, again with Marvin (around 2:00 p.m. 9-25).
I asked specifically about the differences in:
1) Fs (resonance frequency)
2) Frequency response curve
3) Power handling
4) Efficiency
5) System 'Q' (transient response).
I will continue to ask these questions until I get a solid
answer. Marvin continues to be unable to provide me with any information at this time. He says he will have more info in 2-3 weeks when they begin shipping, although I heard the same thing 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure who is the lead designer resonsible for the changes, but I think Eminence Technology, the OEM of the Buttkicker may have had the major role in the resign, as they have a lot of outstanding engineers and facilities for producing raw drivers. As shown on Buttkickers website, they have a new relationship that is based on the Buttkicker 2.
Hoffman's Iron Law is something that binds tactile transducers, as well as subwoofers as far as I know. You don't get a boost in efficiency without giving something else up. With subwoofers, as I believe in tactile transducers, my guess is that the Fs is indeed somewhat higher. When one is designing a subwoofer, in order to get the Fs lower, one lowers the efficiency. The lower the efficiency, the more power it takes to get the same level of output. More importantly, the higher the Fs, the less deep bass is achieved.
------------------
Link Removed

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
Keep us updated on any new info on the new Buttkicker II and its ship date.
Thanks again...I'm looking forward to getting these up and running. I'm building my HT platform this week.
Troy

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I would be interested in getting one or two depending on the price and if it would suit my needs. Since everyone is in agreement that the BK's are the best, I may give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks