buttkicker BKA 1000 Amp

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I'm currently powering an original buttkicker and the buttkicker2 with two Carvin DCM1000 pro amps and am using the RCA-155 stereo amp as a pre amp for the needed gain stage just to drive them. I'm happy with their performance, but am looking at the newer Buttkicker BKA1000 amp to power them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Also, does the amp get hot during movies that have alot of LFE?

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
My Buttkicker BKA1000 driving my two buttkicker2 transducers is barely warm to the touch at the end of a movie with strong LFE. The switchable input makes the use of the RCA155 unnecessary. The flexibility offered by the front panel controls is convenient. Unlike the Samson 1000 driving my subs, it has no fan and is silent in operation.

Having said that, I am skeptical that you will feel a difference relative to your current setup.

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, Mike. Do you have your buttkickers mounted to a riser/platform or right to the seating?

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Dan,

My Buttkickers are mounted on risers, one BK for each of two rows of three theater seats. The risers are isolated from the carpet over concrete floor using antifatigue mats.

Regards,
Mike

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I too will be utilizing a riser and had questions on the issue of do I carpet the whole room, then somehow isolate the riser, etc...anyways, what is an antifatique mat? Am I able to have easy access to one? Thanks again.

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I got the idea to use the anti-fatigue mats from a review of the Buttkicker2 at hometheaterhifi.com.

I purchased my mats at Sam's Club, but you should be able to find them at an office supply or home improvement store.

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Cool, looks like a great idea and something I'm definately going to look into. Can't wait to get the thing built to experience The Lord of The Rings Trilogy!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersecretjim