What's new

Butch & Sundance: The Early Years - Feb 22 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I see the first "prequel" is coming to DVD on Feb. 22, Butch & Sundance: The Early Years. Its been a long time since I have seen this one, but I am looking forward to getting it. While it was not the classic that the Newman-Redford movie was, it was pretty damn good, with very early performances by Tom Berenger and William Katt (both of whom look a lot like their counterparts). The movie was directed by Hard Days Night director Richard Lester, before he retired from filmmaking.

Does anyone know any of the specifics of this release? Extras? And is it the first time on DVD?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
defintely the first time on dvd, and 'm pretty sure its bare bones (being too lazy to just look it up). it may have a trailer, but that was it.

i was really happy to see this one get announced out of the blue a few weeks ago.
in fact i let out a loud "hell Yeah!" when i saw it.
if i haven't made a lonely request in the studio feedback forum, there were many times when i wanted to.
i just figured that i would be pissing in the wind asking for it.
it doesn't seem to be much regarded at all from what i can tell.
i have very dim memories of catching part of this at the theater (i think i snuck in after seeing something else).
i can't remember much about it (B&S trying to deliver somebodys medicine in a blizzard is about it) but i do remember being surprised that i enjoyed it since i didn't particularly like westerns as a kid.
and i was really impressed at how close the two leads seemed to resemble what a younger Newman & Redford should have looked like.

as silly as it sounds, considering all the big classics that are getting announced left and right, this is probably going to be one of the highlights of the year for me, just because i've wanted to see it again for so long now

seanJ

Agent
It`s a long time since I`ve seen this one but my memories of it are fond - Lester had a hell of a tall order to follow the original and he did a good job.
Berenger & Katt were also pretty good.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks