Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid SE on June 6th See Post #8

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
That's three new documentaries and another commentary. I'm all over this one. I would think the PQ would be better today then the 2000 release.

Crawdaddy

Joe Karlosi

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Okay, they did it again. I have to double dip because they didn't include all these extras the first time around.

Jacob Robertson

Auditioning
Firstly - great forum. Unfortunately for my back pocket - I am a DVD addict.

Secondly, I love this movie. I also love listening to William Goldman speak. He gets straight to the point, he has a wonderful passion for writing, but his particular affection for this movie is endearing.

I have the one disc Special Edition, but am absolutely stoked that Butch Cassidy has been given a 2 disc release. It certainly deserves it.

Hopefully the doco shares more of Redford and Newman's memories of the movie. Nice cover art as well.

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm looking forward to this one as well, despite having the earlier one-disc SE and having seen the Outlaws Out of Time documentary a couple of times since it first aired on The History Channel in '02.

Sort of amusing that they have a Newman trailer reel, but not one for Redford.
(I can only assume that Newman did more titles controlled by Fox than Redford did.)

Regards,

Joe

dana martin

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
actually Robert, would love to see you do one, just the wealth of knowledge would be worth it

Joseph Bolus

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I have the first disc, and I'll be picking this up anyway! The only real "deficiency" of the first disc's presentation was the DD 2.0 mono track (which probably matched the original theatrical presentation); but I always wanted to hear "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" in stereo! Throw in the new extras, and I'm there!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert

Joe,
Yes, Newman had some very fine films with Fox including Hombre, From the Terrace, Towering Inferno and The Hustler.

Crawdaddy

EricW

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Newman's head should be bigger if he's in front of Redford's

PaulP

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Man, this summer is teeming with great 2-discers from Warner!

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Perhaps Fox will release some of Newman's unreleased films that they own at the same time. I don't really care for extras but if the picture quality is better I might jump on this.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bats8711