What's new

Burying The Format War Hatchet... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Tim. How can I trust the sincerity of a guy holding two light sabers?? I'll make peace turn around and then see my body laying next to me.

:D :D

Seriously, good post!

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My fave funny fabulous freaky part of the war was:
How HD DVD was good/great for BD, yet BD'ers HATED IT!!!
Because of HD DVD:
BD has improved PQ (certainly sooner).
BD has inexpensive software pricing (certainly sooner).
BD has inexpensive hardware pricing (certainly sooner).
BD got 50GB discs (certainly sooner).
BD will get more features (certainly sooner).
BD will get more titles (certainly sooner).

This is just my thought's on the subject, please don't ruin this thread w/war talk.

I'm sure glad I survived the "war". I could have, should have, been kicked out long ago. It's GREAT to be on HTF, now that the war is over (here).

The new rules are strict, however they have too be.
I would only like to see a RED & a BLU thread added. One were I could post stuff about HD DVD w/o getting trolls & FUD. I would think the Blu's would enjoy the same thing.

Where's the smiley waving the white flag??? :)

Brendon

Second Unit

Sums it up really. Many reviewers and posters here have been as instrumental in appreciating various films as my hardware has been in reproducing them. Over the course of the 'war' here, there have been many links to external forums that I've never visited before. The difference in tone between here and there was frightening. Kind of like HTF after the nuclear apocalypse! I'm glad civility has reasserted itself here.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Indeed.
Let's keep HTF for the mature adults. The philistines can have AVS... ;)

It's good when you want a row

:)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Looks like you started the peace process here at the HTF, Tim. Nice job! Now, if I can just convince my wife that the war is over!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Is this your peace pipe-approach? Saying that we can all thank HD DVD for all the nice things.. ;) ;)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Something I've been learning the past month or so and it's been a real treat is to get to see alot of really good HD content on both formats. Yeah, wish there more heavy hitters from both camps...but what we've got so far does look pretty dang good.

When you look at the quality of most of these, if you're a movie fan at all it doesn't take long to appreciate the film in front of you.

Good stuff & I'm glad alot of you have posted positive remarks here. Nobody wants a cheezy love fest :D but it is nice to see that there are many here that feel the same way. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

Having owned both formats for awhile now (started with HD DVD and picked up a BD-P1000 earlier this year) I could not agree more Tim. If your budget permits it, then dual format is a nice way to handle the exclusive content.

Personally, I initially preferred the HD DVD lineup of titles, but finally enough Bd releases that held my interest in terms of content and presentation quality were available and I went dual format. For me, there are simply too many desirable exclusives in each camp to forgo the pleasure of seeing them in as nice a manner as is possible, in an HT environment.

- Walter.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just thought with today's announcements I'd take refuge in this thread. Hope y'all are avoiding the flak that's flying all over the place! ;)

When reading about the reactions to the latest salvos in the format war, I keep thinking about that thread in After Hours asking what it is about the Internet that brings out the worst in people... :D

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I made the mistake of looking in there a few minutes ago. Holy crap.

Looks like everyone dug up their buried "war hatchets" and it's smackdown time again. :eek: :laugh: This thread has become ironic in a hypocritical way.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Whether the format war is really "over" here or not, my jumping on board to either one of these formats just got delayed for at least another year. Maybe for good.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Thanks for starting this thread. It is a great place to come when you are being worn down by the slam down in the other threads. :emoji_thumbsup: to you, Tim. good job.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Thomas. :)

Guess I really should change that lightsaber Avatar so I can be taken more seriously. :D Nah....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks