What's new

Burton's "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" teaser poster (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I didn't see it posted, nor could I find any of the older topics in the search, so I'll just start this one, a mod can move it if they wish.

See the poster at Dark Horizons

It officially has me stoked for this film!!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... I see Scott Frank doesn't have a writing credit any more. Kind of makes me sad, because adapting Charlie was a labor of love for him.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Wow! I might actually see a summer film for the first time in recent memory.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Creepy poster! I've discovered that the quality of a Burton film is directly related to how personal the project is to him.

ED WOOD, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, BEETLEJUICE = Good
MARS ATTACKS, PLANET OF THE APES, BATMAN = Not so good

Don't hate me for that last one. I used to love the film, but having watched it again fairly recently I've come to the conclusion that it's a beautifully-filmed mess with a terrible script.

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Nice poster! I am looking forward to seeing this one. Depp is great, and it will be a pleasure watching him work with Burton again. I least I hope that it will be. ;)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Love the poster. It has the right whimsical but dark feel, and the hiding of Depp's eyes makes Wonka seem distant, unknowable, and a little bit dangerous. I was already looking forward to this film, and this poster just reinforces my interest.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Credits are not always finalized on teaser posters. Maybe the WGA is still arbitrating, and Scott Frank's name will be restored eventually. I hope so, at least.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I can see that, but my first thought was Marilyn Manson. I remember the rumors he'd play WW - this poster makes it look like he WILL!

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
This is the movie I have been waiting for! Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors and I think he was the right choice to play Wonka.

I absolutely adore this movie and I think with Burton directing and Depp in the starring role it will be perfect!

I am looking to get my hands on this poster to hang in my living room.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out August's screenwriting credits. Although most of the films he has written have been so-so, I think that his work on BIG FISH shows that he at least has a way of giving a voice to whimsy. BIG FISH is far from a great film, but it has some really nice moments. It just stumbles along the way a bit too much. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's got a great source from which to work. If he sticks as much as possible to the story in the book, he should be fine. Although I must say I'll miss the geese from the 1971 film.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yeah, he's looking a little too fashionable in the new pics. And I'm guessing his paleness in the poster was photoshopped. :)

Funny thing is that the new shots have done a complete 180 in terms of the mood of the film for me!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This is at the top of my "must see in the theater" list for next year.

Burton, Depp, Elfman, I have no doubt that it will be good. I just hope if follows the book better then the previous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks