Bursts of air - good or bad?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I've got a Dayton 10" subwoofer, JBL E30s for the front and rear and a EC35 for the center. I was watching Serenity tonight and when there were scenes with lots of bass, I would feel bursts of air. Is that coming out of the subwoofer, and is that natural?

Glen B

Agent
I have had the experience of moving air with large, front-ported enclosures (15" woofers) on bass-heavy material. I've not had the same experience with a sub such as the rear-ported Dayton but I would say what you felt is normal. Remember, the woofer is a piston that is pumping air.

Glen

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I agree........that is normal.
Speakers move air. Especially subwoofers. Because of size, or placement of the speakers, will determine if you actually feel the air, or not. You also won't feel it as well, from a down firing sub. I have a JBL PSW1200 sub. In the house we moved from, I had it behind the sofa. When I first watched "The Butterfly Effect", and those moments when there was the sudden blast of bass, the blast of air came through the sofa, and hit us in the back, so we felt the effect. The first one was unexpected, and about knocked us off the sofa.

It was very enjoyable, feeling the effect, like that! It was sorta like having the Force Feedback feature on a joystick, or steering wheel, for a game.......
Enjoy!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muskantdramu