Burnout 4: Revenge In September?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Evan S, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Did I miss this recently, that an announcement was made in early April (the 4th to be exact) that the new installment of the great Burnout series was being released in September? Supposedly the streets will actually have a real live counterpart location (for example, Detroit is represented in the new game and it's actually Detroit, not some made up track). Also, the look and feel is suppose to be grittier and darker. The terminology used by Criterion was "if the last game was Return of the Jedi, this game is The Empire Strikes Back". Other changes include the ability to take down cross traffic, hiring designers to re-design an entire fleet of race cars and incorporating more "bottlenecks" in tracks to allow a greater opportunity for takedowns. Another quote I read recently was that a lot of the tracks in BO3 were designed for solely racing (like the Vineyard)and had little opportunity for takedowns or crashes while the new tracks will all have an area where racers will have to fight to see who can make it through when the tracks narrow.

Anyone else as excited as I am about the release of this one? I lost hundreds of hours of my life on the last version and I cannot wait!

2. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

oh HELL YEAH!! i've played burnout 3 till my hands were nubs... but somehow i think this will come out closer to xmas...

3. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Heres a great addition they are adding to B4:

"With the new "check" system, you can ram civilian cars into enemy opponents without crashing yourself! The crashbreaker has been added to racing as well."

Awesome!!!

4. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

Im in. I am 97% complete with all Golds on BO3 right now. I put it down about 3 weeks ago and plan to come back and try and finish by end of spring. BO4 sounds mighty fun!!! -R

5. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I have to tell you, I got 100% golds on BO3 in both crash mode and race mode, but no race was as difficult as the time trial with the Hot Rod. Man, was that tough. I must have raced that one 50 times before I got it. One slip up and you are dead. Even a near perfect run didn't always get the job done.

I think BO3 was the most addictive gaming experience I have ever had so I am eagerly anticipating this new installment.

6. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

Evan, it took me just as long on the HotRod race as well. what about the Road Rage modes... Im 100% on crash and road rage...trying to finish the race modes and then go for all of the awards to be 100%/100%...cheers

7. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Richard, I have finished the entire game, except I need like 1 more "advanced" milestone (Just passed 2000 takedowns about a month ago) and I need about 5 signature takedowns in order to unlock the final two cars and "officially" beat the game. But for all intents and purposes, I've considered it beaten when I got all golds in all the events.