What's new

Burnout 3: Takedown- jeez, that game looks awesome! (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Will Hurst

Auditioning
Pick up Burnout2 for $10 locally. You won't be disappointed for the price. Myself and coworkers used to play it whenever we had free time. Burnout3 will be even better. I'll definitely be buying it the day it comes out.

Flatout looks pretty good too. Might have to grab it as well.

James T

Screenwriter
I tried the demo(PS2) at EB. It's a pretty sweet game. I thought the matrix slow-mo thing would get old, but it fits this game perfectly.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Wow I'm starting to buy console games again! First SF Anniversary, Burnout 3, and then Mario Tennis when it's available.

Glad to see an arcade racer score so high! It's one of my favorite genres.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I've had this game for a couple of days now, it is very addictive. My favorite mode is Road Rage its a pity I don't have Xbox Live to take advantage of multiplayer but there is still some split-screen fun to be had.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Got this game yesterday, loved burnout 2.. But this game absolutely blows burnout 2 away! by far my new fav racing game. The whole presentation of this game is unbelievable, cameras panning back and forth when you takedown an opponent and in crash mode. I havent been this impressed by game visuals in a long time.

oh, and its so FAST!!! i suggest taking a 15 min break after playing this game before you get behind the wheel of a real car.. ;)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

Same here. Just slamming back and forth with your opponents, taking out as many people as you can, forcing them into oncoming buses, it's just so visceral. And fun :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Also got a strong review at Gamespot. I wasn't originally planning on getting this one but it's looking more interesting by the minute. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Man, this was just as good as everyone said it would be. What an amazing game!

Everytime I go online, someone complains of dehydration, since they dont want to leave their chair for one second. I have to get a huge cup of water with me before playing...its that addictin' online, and off.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't either but after reading the review on IGN I was convinced. Great purchase its a lot of fun.

What is the mode most people are playing on Live?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
One other thing, is it normal for EA to include product placements throughout their games? From upcoming games to cologone, totally shameless.

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
Two questions:
Did anybody think the game was real easy and then get about 30 percent complete and the game got alot harder?

And wasn't there supposed to be a demo of Need for Speed Underground 2 on the game? (I have the xbox version)

I am loving this game so far, more then the two previous versions, just wish crash mode wasn't so easy now.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

Yes. I remember seeing McDonald's ads in Need for Speed Underground. At least they didn't force them on Medal of Honor. They only do it in modernized environments, where you would see ads in the real world.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yea I don't mind the ads too much, sorta ads to the game; something like Nascar or an Indy race with all the ads splattered everywhere.

What does everyone think of the audio on the Xbox version? Is it pseudo-5.1 or not?

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I just picked this game up over lunch, price-matched today's Fry's ad at Circuit City, with the 110% price match, got the game for $33.49 + tax!

David Galindo

Screenwriter

It has some of the most amazing bass ever, and the custom soundtracks pump up the volume quite a bit. Definitely a home theater demo game!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks