What's new

Burnout 3 question (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Just got this game and I'm loving it...

but...

How do you enable the multiplayer? The only option for me is Crash Party. The Race, Road Rage, and other choices are greyed out.

Do these have to somehow be unlocked?

Thanks,

Jon

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I believe you absolutely must have at least another controller plugged in for them to open.

Its quite an excellent game, no?

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I do have a second controller plugged in - I'm not understanding why the Crash Party two-player is enabled, but not the others.

Excellent game, yes; possibly my all-time favorite.

Jon

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
If i remember correctly you have to play burnout3 world tour and unlock those stages which will then show up under multiplayer..

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member

This is what I suspected...anyone have any idea which stages (specifically) must be unlocked to play multi-player?

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
So...I cannot play multi-player Road Rage until I've won a medal in every single-person Road Rage event in the world tour??

Jon

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
No... I don't think that's it. I know I haven't unlocked even half the game, yet I can definitely play Road Rage online.

--
H

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

No - to race a different stage, you beat it in the single player game. The actual game types are unlocked from the start - it's new courses you unlock.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I appreciate all the help, but I'm still not understanding.

Let me ask a different way:

Upon booting up your game (with TWO controllers plugged in)...

When you go into the multi-player screen...

are ALL FOUR options (road rage, crash party, race, and one other that I cannot think of) immediately available to play?

Or, are some or all of those greyed out?

Thanks again,

Jon

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Some are initially grayed out, you must play through the World Tour to unlock them. Once you've got at least 1 of each type of level unlocked, then that option will no longer be grayed out. That will be the only level you can choose within those options until you beat more of the "World Tour" levels.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member

Does this mean that once I win a single medal (even a bronze) in any Road Rage event, then I should be able to play multi-player Road Rage?

Thanks,

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks