Burnout 3-$25 CDN

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Looks like Future Shop has Burnout 3 for $25 until tomorrow (June 2). Never really played this game before, and I'm not a huge racing game fan, but I heard enough great things about this game that I think I might just have to check this out. Besides, for 25 buchs, you can't really go wrong, can you?

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    picked it up yesterday [​IMG]

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

In three years owning my XBox, this game brought me more fun than probably all the others combined.

4. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I just picked this up at Wal-Mart for $18.74, this is the first time I have played this game and it is awesome!

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

I might have to pick this up. It's great playing with friends, but for $25....hell I do blind DVD purchases for more!

6. Chris Bardon

Well, even though I suck at racing games, I still had a blast playing around with this last night. I think I'll probably end up enjoying the crash mode more than the actual racing though. There's just something cool about trying to figure out just where to hit the gas truck to cause the most damage.

7. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Racing online via XBox Live is the single best reason to pick this up..whether it be crash modes online or actual races, it's still fun as hell.

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    my favorite mode is definitely Road Rage... i dont enjoy crash mode that much, too short...

9. Chris Bardon

Playing burnout 3 is becoming eerily like playing Tony hawk-another game that I had no real interest in until playing it for the first time, and then couldn't stop playing until I'd beaten everything. Starting to get the hang of the game, but I can't seem to get much variety in takedowns. It seems about 90% of the time I'm just ramming people into walls from the side, or coming up on them from behind. Is there something else that I'm missing?

Strangely enough though, this is the first game that's really made me want a bigger TV. It's just a little tricky to see oncoming cars on my 32" set.

10. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

^Its my main motivation for getting an HDTV this year...imagine Burnout 3 in widescreen hidef! (*shutter*)