Burning Songs to CDR from mp3 - Procedure

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Philip

Philip Extra

I downedloaded a song (Train - Drops from Jupiter) to my HP PC and opend Easy CD Creater software to burn this song to a CDR.

I have used this software, bunddled with my PC with no problems in the past, but that was taking some of my wife's songs ALREADY on a CD, and making copies for sending out to some labels.

Unfortunately, I cannot determine the procedure to get a song already on my PC (which I've played using RealTime) burned to a blank CD.

Can anyone lay out the procedure for me??

Phil

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Some CD-Burning software (like Nero) will convert an MP3 to WAV format automatically when you burn an audio-CD using MP3s. I don't know if EZ CD Creator does this.

If it doesn't, convert the MP3 to WAV format first, then burn it.

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

EZ cd creator does. Just select make a music cd, select the mp3's you want on the cd and say burn.

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Or else download MP3 Decoder and use that to convert the MP3 to a WAV and then you can burn that using your CD burner software.
    I've sometimes had issues with burning an MP3 directly reliably, but a plain WAV file has usually worked fine.

5. Philip

Philip Extra

I downloaded Mp3 decoder and burned just one song to a blank CDR. It completed the process, but the song will not play in my car or on a home CD player.

Any suggestions...? Phil

6. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Make sure you're creating and audio CD, not a data one. The disc will also need to be finalised if you want to play it in a regular audio CD player.