What's new

Burning software...where can I get it? (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hello,

I have this Dell computer in my house that came with a CD-RW drive and EasyCD Creator preinstalled. Well, I've upgraded to Win2K and that version of EasyCD is not supported in Win2K.

I've looked for an update, but there are no free ones available.

Hmm, since it looks as though I'm going to have to pay to upgrade this version of EasyCD should I just go ahead and buy Nero instead? (My only gripe with Nero is that when I went to install the demo, it told me that I can't use it in conjuction with DirectCD. I love DirectCD though, as it allows me to drag and drop to a CD-RW. Would this problem go away if I had a newer version of DirectCD and/or Nero?)

Thanks for your help.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Nero and DirectCD don't get along whatever version you're using. If you're set on using DirectCD then it seems you'll have to go for the newer version of EasyCD.

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
I use Clinck'N Burn Pro 2.0. It was like $29.99, I think. It's a good program, comes with a sound editor, and it also has Drive Letter Access program, which lets you turn a CD-RW into a drag and drop drive like a zip disc.

hello AndyVX
I Always used Nero..
You can download a Trail version of Nero 5.5.4.0
on www.ahead.deso you can try if the
new version is doing every thing you like.
Regards
Roland

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
If your CD-RW drive is an HP, you can go to HP's site and download two programs for it - Direct Letter Access, which lets you drag-and-drop files onto the CD, and RecordNow which is a CD burner program. Nero works with both of those programs.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I love Nero, but I also love DirectCD for it's drag and drop features. I guess I can't have the best of both worlds. Hmm, I guess I'll pick up Nero then.

Here's a question that I have now though. Since I can't drag and drop once Nero is installed, how would I use my CD-RW's? Copy all the files I want on the CD using Nero, once I don't need the files on the disc anymore, just format/erase the files using Nero?

Thanks again.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Mike,

that's what happened to me when I tried to install EasyCD. Totally screwed up my Win2K install.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks