1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Burning CD-Rs: what software to normalize volume of wave files?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cliff, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Cliff

Cliff Stunt Coordinator

I'm just getting started ripping CDs and burning compilation CD-Rs. I am using the software bundled with my Dell 4100 (Easy CD Creator 4) to extract wave files from CDs, create image files on my hard drive, and burn CD-Rs. I would like to normalize volumes of the wave files to minimize volume fluctuations on playback. Can anyone suggest software to do this? My priorities would be (1) quality of processing, e.g., I do not want the software to introduce clicks, pops, or other glitches; (2) ease of use. I am hoping I can find something for less than $100. My computer is running Windows ME. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cliff

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

EAC (aka Exact Audio Copy) normalizes .wav files while it is ripping them from a CD. It also just happens to be the best audio extractor on the net, and it is free!
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
    It takes advantage of your CD-ROMs error correction features to ensure perfect bit-by-bit copies of CD audio tracks...no skips or pops, ever! And you can have it automatically encode mp3s on the fly as you rip (but you need to provide an mp3 encoder...I suggest the LAME encoder, which is also free and highly regarded).

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

4. Cliff

Cliff Stunt Coordinator

Thanks a lot for the info and links, Max. I will definitely look into EAC.

Cliff