What's new

Burn Notice Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I had so much fun during this ep that I decided to rewatch it and it struck me who Michael reminds me of doing his Jackson character, he reminds of Eddie Deezen...

:laugh:

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Man I love Burn Notice - I blind bought S1 on DVD when I was over in America in August, been hooked ever since. So jealous that you guys are getting to see S2 now!!!

Hopefully S2 might get a Blu-ray release, the show must look awesome in HD!!! Either way I can't wait to pick-up S2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gotta give them credit for the way thing brought things to a head in regards to the shadowy organization that burned Michael without showing their hand too much. When all the pieces came together with the sniper, it was almost like, "Oh yeah! That happened" with each piece of the puzzle.
I also really liked the place they brought Michael to. In sync with his mother revealed that she'd forged the signature for Michael to enlist because he could have ended up in a very dark place, we finally got to see an instance when Michael would kill. That was always a lingering nag in the back of my head: this is a secret agent, yet he's spent the entire series squeamish about killing. When he was left with no other alternatives, he went into action immediately. You could buy that the Michael we saw last night was a secret agent with a body count. The un-dead spy who hired him showcased the difference: Michael didn't leave behind a single body he didn't have to. This guy loved killing. Reluctance is so important in that situation.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I always wondered about that, too, when the chips were down could Michael kill someone? Like you, Adam, I knew that he had to have killed people during his career but we had yet to see that side of him.

This episode proved that he has the willingness and the cojones to pull the trigger when he needs to.

Tim Matheson's character made me very uncomfortable, IMO Michael should have went after him and took him out. The world isn't a safe place with that unstable psychotic nutjob on the loose and I really wanted Michael to take care of him.

I just fear that a man like that will want to seek retribution on Michael and come back later to do harm to his mom, Sam or Fiona.

On the lighter side of things, I laughed so hard at Sam's line in the ambulance...

Fiona,
"He's handsome."

Sam,
"Yeah, he's alright, but he's no Campbell."

:D

LCD22

Screenwriter

Season 2 has been a fantastic season, and I'm also really looking forward for its release - hopefully on Blu-ray.

I've heard S1 on DVD has sold incredibly well for Fox, and its ratings have jumped from last season, so I'd be shocked if they don't consider releasing a Blu-ray release next year. The amount of promotion and attention "Burn Notice" has been getting this season has also doubled.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Another solid episode.

There was no way Michael could take Matheson out. Larry is too interesting a character to kill off that quickly. He has to come back a couple of times before he finally gets what's coming to him. Poor, dumb Drew will have to be avenged.

The dump truck gag was great.

And it is always nice to see Amy Pietz. (I just watched CSI season 3 on DVD, and she was so good in the 90 minute episode "Lady Heather's Box".)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No! I completely missed his name in the credits (I hate credits that run over the story, just for that reason, although I understand why they do it.) And although I knew that I knew the actor, I just couldn't place him. Every time I tried to concentrate on his face, the plot would heat up and that would be that.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
By the time the episode was over I'd completely forgotten about looking him up on TV.com or the IMDB.

Of course, now that you mention it, he did seem kinda like an older Brad, who let's face it was never the sharpest tool in the Taylor shed. :D

Regards,

Joe

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm late to the party, but last weeks episode was great and I'm really looking forward to Thursday.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

The only thing is that Fiona's boyfriend is named Campbell.
It would have been funnier if Sam was talking about himself(Bruce)
Unless they are doing an inside joke
and making Fiona's new dreamy boyfriend named after Bruce
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

C'mon, it had to be a joke, otherwise why would they have given that line to Bruce in the first place? ;)

Plus the way he delivered it, he practically was winking at us lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was expecting it when we got three quarters of the way through and they still hadn't wrapped up the client of the week. But yeah, it was a complete gimmick. Last year's season finale brought us to the point we were left at. There was an expectation of the cliffhanger. I knew we'd be left hanging, but I thought it would be the implications of the vast conspiracy that would do it, not dropping us right before the climax. We've waited all season for -- what, exactly?

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I thought it was a great show last night. Excepting the damn "To Be Continued." Michael is going to be pissed now, and what did everyone think of the heart to heart he and Fiona had while he was talking to the kidnapper? Hmm?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will

Yeah, but unlike last year, the season's not over yet, it's just the halfway point. It's to be continued in the winter, rather than making us wait till next summer. So we won't have as long a wait.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
No, but it is a little easier to deal with it. Now what do they mean by "winter?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks