What's new

Burn Notice on USA (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Great news! I love this show. The last one with the cuban organized crime family was pretty good. And the way Michael got that CSS agent to back off was classic :D

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I had to bring some more love to this show. A friend recommended it but it was most of the way through the season when he did...and blammo, episode marathon! Thank you, DVR. Been watching them over the last week and almost caught up. Great show! What a nice surprise, too. It constantly keeps me off kilter because at one moment it is cheesy light and goofy and the next, we have the description of what will happen to an 18 year old girl who thinks she is becoming a model. Yeesh. That makes for a groovy show with nice twists and turns, fun play on the whole Spy Genre and set in sunny Miami, which hasn't had this much fun since Crocket and Tubbs were running the joint. Groovy stuff.

I am kind of happy that they got another 13 episodes but, having not seen the finale yet, I can only hope that he "breaks free" of Miami else the "B-Story" of his Burn Notice that runs through the season will start to get old. To me, anyway. It is like the Mulder's Sister Law, where you can only dangle such a story point for so long before it gets old. Finding a fresh way to keep the story going while finishing the Driving Quest of the hero would be nice. Heroes did it by setting us up the bomb and getting us to it and solving it all in one season. The series will find new villains and plots to keep us hooked but the initial set up (Save NYC!) is finished. Hope Burn Notice can do something similar.

Speaking of Drive (as brought up earlier in this thread) I half wonder why producers of such novel shows even go to the Big Four any more, especially Fox who has a hair trigger on the Cancel Button. Drive would be a PERFECT show for USA, would garner a decent audience and could tell a story. I know, budget is a part of it but honestly, the original run didn't show much budget (c'mon, most of Florida and the South we saw in this show suspiciously still looked like Southern California, hills and all).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was sort of bummed that Lucy Lawless's character took the easy route out. She'd be fun to bring back to torment Michael a little in the way only another good spy could.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
An absolutely top-notch show.

It makes me sad that the summer TV season is coming to a close. "Burn Notice" is one of the best things on TV. It isn't groundbreaking or provacative, but it is incredibly likable.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The finale was great and intriguing. Now we have to wait a whole year to find out who burned Michael.

BTW, how did his brother learn to do all these things? losing a tail, shooting bad guys, etc. He looked like he had a little training.

Awesome show. Can't wait for the 2nd season.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

It did make reference multiple times early in the season to his running away from gambling debts, I assumed he picked up the skills doing that.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm now trying to play catch up with this show.
I am LOVING this show.

Great characters and fun stories.

Very glad to hear it got a Season 2

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really good finale. I liked that it upped the stakes by making the three main characters really freak out for the first time all season. When Phee's breathing heavy into a pay phone in the middle of running frantically away, you know shit's serious. When Sam signals Mike to let him die, you know things are really drastic. I also liked that Sam was used for more than just comic relief here. Taking out the hustler early on, and tormenting his captors later on showed that he still had some tough left in him. Michael's guy getting murdered and him fleeing covered in blood likewise showcased the fact that he was dealing, finally, with people bigger and badder than he is. I was glad he fatally shot the heroin dealer on the ship. For a man who carried out all of these hits around the globe, he's sure let a lot of people walk away.

The final sequence was really intriguing. When he was stopped in the middle of the road over the water and then told to drive up into the back of the big rig, I was reminded strongly of the mystery behind Fox's short-lived "Drive".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks