What's new

Burn Notice on USA (1 Viewer)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm the only one watching this but I put it on my list when I found out my favorite "B" actor, Bruce Campbell, was in it.

Personally, I think his mother "Burned" him: somehow.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I agree, its a very good show, USA has been putting out a lot of them really, 4 of the summer shows I watch are on it. (Monk, Psych, the 4400, and Burn Notice.)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It is great filler, especially for a rather lightweight July (and especially since we canceled HBO and Showtime!)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I don't know about lightweight, at least for my interests. I'm having trouble keeping up. Burn Notice, Monk, Psych, Dead Zone, Painkiller Jane, Eureka, and I would have Dr. Who, except for friends of friends and I've seen them already. (I've also viewed Torchwood and Life on Mars) (would you believe BetaMax?)

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I watch this show because of Jeffrey Donovan (I loved Touching Evil)--but there's one thing about this show I don't like. Why does the show have a freeze-frame thing all the way through the show? It would be much better without it. It just really annoys me, and I'm sure that it's not just me that feels this way:angry:

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I have been watching since the start. Great romp. I've been a fan of Jeffrey Donovan since watching the Touching Evil series.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Yeah, the first time it happened, I thought it was my recording acting up.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It's a show I look forward to on Thursdays. I already have my fingers crossed for a season two.

Except for Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, their is at least a good hour of TV each night.

Monday - The Closer
Tuesday - Eureka
Thursday - Burn Notice
Friday - Monk, Psych, Dr. Who

I wish Fox would have saved Drive for the Summer and given us 10-13 episodes.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
You're not a fan of the Dead Zone on Sundays? They did finally put the Apocalypse story line to rest. I was hoping they would just kill off Stilson but they settled for diminishing his threat to a manageable level. Now they can move on. It was getting way too dark to be enjoyable last season.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
My wife and I watch all of those, except for Monk, and also The Closer, Kyle XY, History Detectives, and the 4400 as well. So July provides about 10 hours of programming per week.

By contrast, August will provide: The Company, Kyle XY, Damages, Saving Grace, Hotel Babylon, Eureka, Mad Men, Doctor Who, Jekyll, Burn Notice, Anthony Bourdain, The 4400, History Detectives, Psych, Dead Zone, The Closer, Feasting on Asphalt, Painkiller Jane, Flash Gordon and Kill Point. 20 hours of programming per week; twice as much, and surely more than we'll have time to watch!

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Since you mentioned Mad Men here's a heads-up for Comcast HD users. Besides the usual AMC SD channel their On Demand service carries AMC where Mad Men is available in either SD or HD. The HD pilot disappeared sometime yesterday and was replaced by next Thursday's HD episode.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Mad Men 101 is still available On Demand in HD here... and 102 is not available yet.

Man, I wish I knew this -- sucked watching it in SD.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I also started watching this because of Bruce Campbell but now I like everything and everyone. Very entertaining show.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Brian, I misspoke. Comcast doesn't show the episode title only the number 101. I assumed the pilot I watched was episode 100. Should have known since new account checks start at 101. :)

So I'm in the dark whether 102 (Ladies Room) will go up before Thursday evening. If I don't see on Thursday morning I'll schedule an SD recording for insurance. Not a bad practice actually especially if AMC or Comcast pull a Kyle XY and not show all the episodes in HD.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I also really enjoy the show. However, there is a dark cloud looming over my enjoyment...the brother.

Am I the only one that hates the brother character? He seems like a weak cliché to me. I really hope they don't plan on having him as a regular character.

-Keith

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Yeah...the brother has added an "annoying" element to the show.

I don't mind if he is an "every once in a while" sort of character, but not an every week sort of individual.

Otherwise, I have loved the show so far and actually think it is the best thing that has appeared on USA in a while. The cast is great and everyone meshes together well.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Great show. I watch it along with Monk, Psych, The Closer, Amazing Grace, Damages, Eureka and Painkiller Jane. Between USA and Sci-Fi if they weren't around watching TV over the summer would suck.

I didn't even notice Bruce Campbell at first. The man has put on some weight. I personally don't think we will find out who put out the burn notice on him as that is what keeps him going between jobs.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
What's amazing about NBC/Universal (which owns NBC and SciFi) is that their flagship net (NBC) has struggled for an audience and ratings over the past several years, but their cable outlets have really brought some excellent original programming to viewers.

They offer great "Summer TV" (even if it airs at other times of the year).

My wife and I absolutely loved "The Starter Wife" earlier in the summer and were said it was just a mini-series.

"Burn Notice" is like a cross between and Elmore Leonard novel and "The Equalizer" -- and it goes down like a cool daiquari on a hot summer day.

The show is relatively close ended, but we do learn new bits of information about Michael Weston each week and the reasons behind his burn notice keep evolving over time.

I haven't heard how this show is doing in the ratings. I sort of wish they'd put it on Fridays alongside "Monk" and "Psych."

Regardless, a lot of interesting shows are popping up on cable this summer. I don't know how well they'll all do or how much longevity they'll have, but we're really getting some unique and offbeat shows on basic cable.

Honestly, there are times my wife gets more excited about "Summer TV" than the fall season.

With the "original" drama offerings on cable, and the tasty cheese-fest that is "Big Brother," it is hard not to love all of this beautiful junk food television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrossAtlantic
Recent bookmarks