What's new

International BURN (Marlon Brando) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
BURN a very good 1969 movie Marlon Brando starred is now available in a new HD release on Amazon.de. The HD transfer was completed in the longer 129 minute version versus the DVD running time of 112 minutes. Unfortunately, the German release does not include an English audio track. Hopefully, Criterion or PowerHouse or Twilight, Burn.jpg anyone will release BURN on BluRay in the 129 minute running time with English audio.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw the full-length Italian version in Puerto Rico in 1969. It sported Spanish subtitles. It was a powerful experience. I have since refused to watch the butchered release, always hoping that someone might finally release the full-length version with English subs.

Reactions: PMF

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I prefer hearing Brando's actual voice in the film; the dubber's is too masculine, undercutting the fey, gentlemanly cadence the actor brought to it. So while I've seen both neither version is fully satisfying for me. Here's hoping someone discovers an uncut English-language print...

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I prefer hearing Brando's actual voice in the film; the dubber's is too masculine, undercutting the fey, gentlemanly cadence the actor brought to it. So while I've seen both neither version is fully satisfying for me. Here's hoping someone discovers an uncut English-language print...

I agree. I have also seen both versions, and while the Italian cut is a much stronger film as well as a more focused political statement, the film also contains what I consider one of Brando's greatest late performances, and hearing his voice on the soundtrack--and especially the way it changes in tone throughout the film--is essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks