What's new

Burn in Issue with LG Electronics OLED65B6P (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
I purchased this model in May 2017, had it calibrated by Geek Squad in August 2017, and recently noticed a small blue spot in the lower right (where most of the TV station logos appear). They calibrated the Expert Bright mode setting. I don't leave the image paused much and obviously there are commercial breaks (It looks like this happened from watching MSNBC). Is there anything that can be done to fix this and would it be covered by the warranty ?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Run the "Clear Panel Noise" app two or three times.

Also check the "Pixel Shift" setting to be sure it's engaged. Some calibrators shut off this burn-in protection.

stevenHa

Second Unit
Thanks. Where do I find the pixel shift setting, I only see clear screen panel and screen shifter (which is turned on) ? Also, does this mean I can't watch shows that display bright logos for too long at a time ?

Last edited:

stevenHa

Second Unit
So I ran clear panel noise several times (and the shift setting is on) but it didn't help - what are my options for rectifying this ?

stevenHa

Second Unit
So I called and was able to have my screen replaced - I noticed the back was a lighter color than the original screen - so I would think this is a 2018 screen ? and I am wondering if anything was done to reduce/eliminate the burn-in issues ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Embrywool
Recent bookmarks