What's new

Burke's Law/Honey West (1 Viewer)

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
Just a note that VCI's other release Zane Grey Theater will be released in 2009 due to problems with the prints.
Brian

John_S

Stunt Coordinator
docdoowop said:
Thanks Bob. Paul Mavis is a very sharp observer. (I've posted hearty agreement with his reviews of "Father Ted" and "I'm Alan Partridge". )
His endorsement automatically makes it a must-buy for me.
I likewise think highly of Paul Mavis. I've never seen the show, but after reading his review I placed a pre-order immediately.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
We've got a release date for volume 2 of the first season of BURKE'S LAW on November 18th. Read about it here.
Gary "glad to see more vintage commercials will be a part of this set" O.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Gary OS said:
We've got a release date for volume 2 of the first season of BURKE'S LAW on November 18th.
Thanks for passing on the good news, Gary. I've been enjoying all the guest stars on volume 1--the Sammy Davis, Jr. appearance is great!
John DeAngelis

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Thanks, for the good news Gary. Looks like the packaging will be slimmer than volume 1, too . . . a good move in my opinion. The Classicflix.com's pre-order price is good, but their $7.95 shipping kills the deal there. I'm likely to pick this up at DD; the Nov. 18th release date should be right around the time of the 20% off sale.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
You might want to wait for the next sale from VCI. Last Christmas, they had a 50% sale at their website, and they've had other big discount sales so far this year.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Hey does anybody know what happened to HONEY WEST on DVD, scheduled for release on Tuesday, 9/2? Best Buy doesn't have it yet, and I tried to do a search on Amazon and it's not even listed.

Thanks,

Joe Kelly

Charles H

Screenwriter
HONEY WEST is available--and listed on Amazon--but it's backordered. (I received mine today from them.)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I ordered HONEY WEST recently from DVD Pacific, and it just shipped a couple of days ago, though it hasn't arrived at my door just yet (probably in another couple of days).

DVD S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Sarff
great review!
I have seen this show before and have always enjoyed
it very much(having caught the run on TV Land, back
when that channel was worth talking about)!
my set is on it's way from DeepDiscount(only $24.38)!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

:star:

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Yesterday, I received an e-mail from VCI:
From Friday November 28th through Monday December 1st, VCI Entertainment will offer everyone 50% off on website orders by using the following coupon code: JMGJBY
We are talking every single DVD at VCI is 50% off for 4 days! This is a great deal for anyone planning on purchasing any DVD's this holiday season.
Still trying to figure out what to get Dad or that one family member you just can't quite figure out what to buy them! Well look no further! Everyone loves movies and VCI has the largest amount of hard to find cult and classic hits that Hollywood has to offer!
This coupon will expire Monday December 1st at 11:59 pm (central time).
In order to get the 50% discount you must enter the coupon code JMGJBY on your "Checkout" page.
All sales over $50.00 qualify for free shipping (only in the continental United States does this apply!)
This is a website only special only available at VCI Entertainment
This coupon code is valid once per customer.
Their home page also lists a second coupon code: PGLJEH.
That means you can get both volumes of Burke's Law for $15 and Honey West for $20! And from experience, that $50 free shipping is for your total after any discounts are taken.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
MANY THANKS, TIM!
I would have never known about this! So, now I will be getting Honey West and both Volumes of Burke’s Law for a total of 49.99 AND FREE SHIPPING!
If, like me, you were “on the fence” on these titles – you’ll probably never have a better opportunity than this! Go check it out before the offer expires!

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I love my Honey West and Burke's Law dvds. Great picture quality and uncut episodes. I have enjoyed rewatching shows I thought I would never see again.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I wonder what the reviewer meant by this:
Jeffrey Kauffman said:
Where I have some qualms is a peculiarity of virtually every episode I watched--they all seem to suffer from some added "time compression," where suddenly people will move quickly and the soundtrack will be out of synch for a moment. I tried playing various episodes on two different players and it exhibited this anomaly on both, so I'd be interested in hearing from others so that I can determine whether I received a faulty pressing. If this is endemic of the entire release, it's a real head-scratcher--was this "time compression" added to make these broadcast ready for cable? I'd love to have more information.
Anyone else seeing this problem?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Add my thanks to Tim! I got both the complete Honey West and the second half of the first season of Burke's Law, along with several other titles.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
You're welcome! :D
VCI may be having a great Cyber Monday. I just ordered Honey West, both volumes of Burke's Law... and The Phantom Empire starring Gene Autry!

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Re: The time compression issue

I've watched the first three episodes and have noticed some minor instances where the audio track gets out of synch for a brief second or two, but I don't think it's an issue of time compression since the episodes are timing out in the 51 minute range which would be correct for a mid-1960s television show. On an overall basis, VCI has done nice work with both "Burke's Law" and "Honey West." I really hope that we'll see season 2 of "Burke's Law" in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks