What's new

Burke's Law/Honey West (1 Viewer)

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Wow Bob, you must live online! -- you beat me to this...
Really looking forward to this release

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Mike*HTF said:
Wow Bob, you must live online! -- you beat me to this...
Really looking forward to this release
Just dumb luck, Mike . . . . caught it on a "sweep." Anyhow, if the transfers look as good as the "Burke's Law" transfers, I will be happy.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
they should have put the "Burke's Law : Who Killed The Jackpot" as an extra on the HONEY WEST set :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Bob Hug said:
Looks like the packaging will be slimmer than VCI's "Burke's Law" packaging, for which I am grateful.
VCI told me that "The packaging will house the 4 DVD set in a new case that is the same size as a single DVD case." So, yes. :)

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.
They did on the Region 2 release...included "Who Killed the Jackpot?", that is.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My understanding is that VCI has licensed only the first season of Burke's Law so far, and will license the remaining episodes from later seasons based on sales of the first season episodes.

Since "Jackpot" is the third-from-last episode that aired of Burke's Law, VCI doesn't yet hold a license on it, so they could not include it on the Honey West release.

Sorry for the bad news, but it's accurate...that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Lambert said:
My understanding is that VCI has licensed only the first season of Burke's Law so far, and will license the remaining episodes from later seasons based on sales of the first season episodes. Since "Jackpot" is the third-from-last episode that aired of Burke's Law, VCI doesn't yet hold a license on it, so they could not include it on the Honey West release.
It wouldn't surprise me if Jackpot showed up on a complete first season reissue as an extra to entice people to double-dip.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I finally got Burke's Law Season 1 Volume 1, thanks to DDD 20% off sale. VCI did a good job. The transfers are solid and complete, above and beyond what you see from most of the Timeless releases like Checkmate and Arrest and Trial. The linear notes/pamphlet about the show is appreciated. Also enjoy the commercials included. Compared to some other releases of vintage shows, VCI definitely deserves to be congratulated. Hope to see Season 1, Volume 2 soon, as well as the rest of the series!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just got another e-mail from VCI.
For those who still have some money left over from last month's 20% sales, VCI Entertainment is having a 4th of July DVD Blowout - 50% off all DVDs with the following coupon code:
DHGURU
Sale lasts from July 4 to July 7. Code can only be used once.
Honey West isn't up for pre-order yet, but you can now get Burke's Law S1V1 for $15 after the discount.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
VCI Entertainment has posted a two page article along with pictures and details of the upcoming "Honey West" release. Looks like the bonus material will be vintage commercials (not integrated into the shows) and a photo gallery. VCI says that "picture and sound have been digitally restored from the original 35 mm fine grains," so I'd expect these to look about the same as the "Burke's Law" release. Details here:
http://www.vcientertainment.com/vci_...oneyWestPR.pdf
Preview clips are also up: Honey West The complete series - From VCI

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I only wish that there were commentaries. Over the weekend I saw a 1965 Burke's Law episode and realized that three of the big-name guest stars are still alive from that episode: Ricardo Montalban, James Whitmore, and Terry Moore. Also, star Gene Barry and supporting players Gary Conway and Eileen O'Neill are also still around. I'm sure that there's many a story about the making of the series and particular episodes that could be told. From a practical standpoint, VCI could come out looking like a real competitor in the TV-on-DVD business if they did this, proving that they're just as good as Paramount, Warner Bros, or other indies like Rhino, Shout! Factory and MPI.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I emailed VCI about the package size of Burke's Law:

"I would really love to purchase your Burke's Law dvd sets, but the packaging is much too large for 4 dvds. I have over 3000 DVDs and am running out of space to store them. Are you planing on reducing the package size anytime soon?"

Their reply:

"Hello, Thank you for your email. I talked with the Vice President of VCI and he said we are going to reduce the size in about 60 days. Thanks, Customer Service."

Very good news, and wonderful customer service!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Good news, this.
I hope they go the route of "The Invaders" which contained 5 discs in the space of a single keep case!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks