What's new

bunny lake is missing (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It may be odd, but I have a hard time thinking of it as "relatively unknown." The film received quite a push during the 1960s.

Real Name
Anthony
Yeah, so did I. 1967 to be precise. I think you've got a few years on me, Jack. ;)

Anyway, what do you reckon ? Good movie ?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's an excellent film; Olivier gives a beautifully restrained performance and I'm delighted to see it on DVD (with the bonus that it's just over £6 delivered from dvdsoon.com)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Jack Briggs should have another reason to like this movie: it's what got Keir Dullea the starring role in "2001". He appeared at a "2001" screening in Suffern, NY with Gary Lockwood in September, and said that Kubrick offered him the role solely on the basis of his performance in "Bunny Lake is Missing".

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
In the States this film shows up on TCM a couple times a year. The DVD artwork seems fine although I prefer b&w covers for a b&w films.

I enjoy this film. From the Saul Bass titles to the performances to the score. Not a great film, but one that is interesting. I think it is the helpless feeling of the protagonist's plight that grips me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks