Bunk Voice Coil, what are my options

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Allen Ross, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

Okay i finished my 10 by 4 cab the other night and upon firing it up i noticed a buzzing sound, checked the drivers and pin pointed the one that was making the buzzing sound. I placed some pressure on the edge of the cone by the surround and noticed that the buzzing went away. This leads me to believe that the Voice Coil has come disconnected from the cone and is just slapping against the cone.

Now i am considering my options. Either I fix the driver, which i have no clue how to. Or I plug up the hole and it becomes a 10 by 3 cab. So how would i go about fixing the driver? Is it something I can do personally or am i going to have to ship it out to some third party? Considering that shipping alone will be more then i spent on the driver I am leading towards plugging the driver hole.

2. Allen Ross

anything?

3. Brendan_Lewis

How long have you had them? Can you send it back to MCM?
    Most likely, that driver isn't going to be something they would fix, just replace.

4. Allen Ross

i got them for a friend, who got them last year on a blow out at MCM, so i am almost 100% sure that i can't return it.

5. Allen Ross

Linky

that top one with some mood lighting will get anyone hot and bothered i don't care who you are.