What's new

Bungie + Next Gen = Destiny (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I doubt I'm playing D2. Looks fun, but doesn't fit my gaming time these days. Loved the bit of D1 time I had with you guys a couple years ago. If I do get it, I'll be hitting you up for help. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Gotcha. I thought you were talking price. PC is pretty but I’m not sold on mouse and KB.
:blink:
Mouse/keyboard has always been superior for FPS. This is an objective fact of the universe, derivable from first principles.

(And because I cut my teeth on M/K, I've always been crap at console FPS. But because I now prioritize simplicity, I think I'm console for life now. Despite my original love for PC gaming.)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bungie has the most bizarre relationship with it's player base. Bungie keeps stepping in chuckholes and breaking their legs when it comes to dealing with Destiny players. What is stranger is they never learn anything from their PR disasters. They just go on to create new ones.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Finally beat the Leviathan raid. Used guided games since my clan did it Tuesday and tonight. Worked out great after a 40 minute queue. 5 gear upgrades including a 330 sniper. Would have preferred the rockets but still made me smile.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I preordered D2 for my son, but he's barely touched it because his friends suddenly became obsessed with Overwatch on the PC. I haven't tried it yet myself either due to my new PS VR.

The thing that drives me nuts is that Bungie has NO customer support. All you can do is post in their forums and hope that someone who knows the answer happens to respond. It makes me think twice before spending any more money on their products.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The thing that drives me nuts is that Bungie has NO customer support. All you can do is post in their forums and hope that someone who knows the answer happens to respond. It makes me think twice before spending any more money on their products.
Been a gamer since the 80s (Atari 2600 FTW!) and I'm not sure I've ever wanted or needed customer service help from a game company before. Hardware, yes. Computers, yes (although now I build my own, or buy Macs with AppleCare).

But with consoles being a "fixed target" (although with PS4 Pro and XB1 S and X that's also starting to change), usually a game either works, or it doesn't. Pre-download/hard drive console games, your games generally worked. If they didn't, it was a faulty cartridge/disc, or your console was the problem. I had the "blow on a cartridge" situation back in the Nintendo days, but never thought "gosh I need to contact the game dev". If the cartridge was faulty I could either exchange at the store or, if past the return period, I was SoL.

Now, with download/hard drive games, I still don't know what use I'd get from a game maker customer support. If the game works, their support ends there--at least in terms of from them to you as a consumer. If there's a bug, since there's a fixed target of a console, it's likely a bug in multiple (if not all) consoles, and gets reported in things like the corporate forums, which allows them to begin aggregating how many people are suffering from this problem as well as being able to respond that a fix is coming to the wider community. That isn't easily done if the Customer Service model is a one-to-one rep-to-customer interaction.

I have plenty of issues with the game design of D2 (I find they made a lot of changes for the worse compared to D1) but I've never thought "gosh I'd like a one-on-one CSR". I'm not sure what they'd even do.

Me: "Hey I think grenades need to be buffed"
Them: "Um..." (what is he/she supposed to say? something to appease me over the millions of other players?)

Rather, I put it in a forum, or on Reddit (which they regularly monitor), and if it's a good idea I get a bunch of +1 comments, then Bungie decides to change it and advertises that intent in multiple web arenas (Bungie.net, reddit DTG, intagram, twitter, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks