Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm too sexy for my punkin head
CSRuWb1WcAEimRZ.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I took today off, and as I was about to launch The Last of Us, I saw a friend was playing Destiny. So I jumped into a Mars Patrol -- I haven't played Destiny in about a month. It was a Siren's Call, telling me it was ok to abandon all other games and return to its sweet embrace.

But my friend's mic was on the charging stand and he was about to jump off. So I escaped being shattered upon rocks of Destiny's coastline, and went back to TLOU.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm so far behind in this game that I'll never catch up. I still haven't played the Vault of Glass mission from the first game.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Edwin-S said:
I'm so far behind in this game that I'll never catch up. I still haven't played the Vault of Glass mission from the first game.
I've been through a few times now, and I recommend giving it a go if you can. It's a good team experience, and better than Crota.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is that all? I just picked up Gran Turismo 6 for PS3 and was greeted with this:

1.01 - 1.2 GB
1.02 - 1255 MB
1.03 - 99 MB
1.04 - 214 MB
1.05 - 100 MB
1.06 - 295 MB
1.07 - 961 MB
1.08 - 1.4 GB
1.09 - 598 MB
1.10 - 2.1 GB
1.11 - 30 MB
1.12 - 484 MB
1.13 - 9.5 MB
1.14 - 548 MB
1.15 - 589 MB (Brings Chaparral 2X & Infiniti Vision GT Cars)
1.16 - 536 MB (Midfield Raceway, B-Spec, & MINI Vision GT)
1.17 - 397 MB (Brings Lexus & Alpine Vision GT Cars)
1.18 - patch to 1.17 xxx MB (Brings VW GTI Supersport and GT Academy 2015)
1.19 - 270 MB (Brings Nissan GT-R LM, Peugeot Vision GT)
1.20 - xxx MB (Brings SRT Tomahawk Vision GT Car, Goodwood FoS Update)
1.21 - 185 MB (Course Maker, Updated Car Sounds)

It took ALL DAY SATURDAY to download and install (via XFinity high-speed).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well that's a full game (I think Destiny clocks in now at 60GB+ with expansions). 1.2GB was just the OS to turn on the console. Remember when you pushed the ON button and consoles immediately sprung to life? :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So I would agree that you shouldn't have to pay for things that positively impact gameplay (more powerful/rare weapons, better armor, etc.). But to my knowledge the masks were completely cosmetic...and actually hurt your gameplay when you equipped it. My light level dropped like 30 points when I put my legendary Skolas mask on.

I'm okay with money for cosmetics, because that's a player choice and really has no impact on play. They don't help you complete the raids faster, you don't become more powerful in the Crucible, you aren't more resistant to damage, you don't get new supers/abilities, etc.

I can respect the guy's opinion in the video, I just don't share it, as long as what they're selling/RNG'ing is cosmetic only. Now if they start selling god-roll weapons for extra $, now I'll be PO'd.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Carlo Medina said:
Well that's a full game (I think Destiny clocks in now at 60GB+ with expansions). 1.2GB was just the OS to turn on the console. Remember when you pushed the ON button and consoles immediately sprung to life? :D

Oh, I thought you meant an XBone update for Destiny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks