Bummed!!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Don.l, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

So, I got the ceiling in and all of the lights. The carpet installers came and installed the carpet. It was time to start assembling all of the fun stuff. So, I hung the screen got the speakers attached. Hung the projector. Got everything going. Finally I was able to do a little dry run before the charis arrive. I start by using a HT disc to calabrate video and audio. I noticed when listening to DTS there was a strange sound coming from the front center speaker. It didn't occur when listening to DD 5.1, only when listening to DTS material. I started to freak!! I first tried a different speaker. Still existed. I switched speaker cables and it still existed. So, I concluded that there has to be something wrong with the receiver decoding DTS material. Fortunately it is still under warranty. I took it back to the place I bought and it will be out for repair for about 10 business days. So, I'm bummed about that. I don't understand what's wrong. I do know that something has to be wrong with the receiver decoding DTS material. :-(
    Don

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    That sucks. Did you try to get them to exchange the receiver?

3. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

No. It's not new, but if it comes back with any other problems or it comes back with the same problem I will push for that.

Don

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    What make of receiver is it?

5. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

Onkyo. I have had nothing but great things from Onkyo. I will continue to buy Onkyo, but this is a fluke. It's been in storage a long time so maybe something happened. Not sure.

Don