1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review Bumblebee UHD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Neil Middlemiss, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Tino likes this.
  2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Smaller and more intimate are, imho, exactly what this universe needed. I was all set to check out of the TF franchise (I skipped the last one) and that's tough coming from someone who had a ton of their toys and comics in the 80s...and yeah bought some of the Takara reissue and masterpiece version of the toys as an adult. Also a huge fan of the original animated TF:the movie. Man I would love to have modern animators re-draw that and just use the original audio stems. Obviously keeping the same Gen 1/2 robot styles, just using modern animation techniques to improve the visuals.

I saw this because a friend who knew me and said I should give it a shot, that she thought I'd like it based on my love for the 80s iteration. She was right. As you say, this movie is not without its issues, but it's quickly become my favorite live-action TF movie, eclipsing all of the Michael Bay movies. They got the spirit right, and using more Gen1 models really tugs at the nostalgia heartstrings.

Neil Middlemiss likes this.
  3. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    This 4K version doesn’t compare to the 3D Blu ray. Oh wait, we’ll never now, it was only released flat! :oops: