BULLY - may get a second release

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Don't expect a commentary track from director Larry Clark on Lions Gate's upcoming BULLY DVD due Jan 22nd.
    “We had carved out a date to do the commentary in New York in November, but the print never showed up to the studio,” Clark explained. “We found out the print was several blocks away, and arrangements were made to have it sent over, but somehow, the print was then shipped to us by air. So it ended up being in the air somewhere when at one point it was only right down the block!”
    Scheduling differences prevented another opportunity to record the commentary, leaving interviews with Clark and the cast of Bully (Brad Renfro, Bijou Phillips and Rachel Miner) as the primary special features on the disc.
    A Lions Gate spokesman has said that the studio is now considering recording the director’s commentary for a later edition of the film.

2. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Did anyone see this film in theatres? What was it like. I don't mind watching Larry Clark films and would like some opinions. I don't think I knew anybody who saw this one.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The film was released unrated, so it played in a very limited number of venues. In New York City, only one theater had it, and I never made it downtown to catch a showing.

M.

4. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

The movie is pretty silly. But what more can be expected from a scalwag like Larry Clark? Once again the 57 year-old director hides behind claims of realism to disguise the fact that his film is pointless. Well, that’s not quite true, it has the same message as Clark’s Kids: kids are a bunch of imbeciles, but Clark still loves to see them naked. What film culture really needs is a young director to make a movie about how the elderly are terrible drivers and walk too slowly in grocery stores. Oh wait, that’d be discrimination. The p.c. hounds would go nuts.

Mark

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Heres a review from James Berardinelli who has pretty good taste in movies I think.
    http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/b/bully.html
    I saw Kids and thought it was just ok, but I was interested in seeing this.The only rental places still standing near me are Blockbusters, so Im gonna have to buy this I guess.

6. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I went to see it when I was in New York last August. I thought it was very good - shocking, realistic... sort of like Kids, but in a different part of the country, with a more traditional storyline.

I was going to write about the people I saw in the theater, but it will only get others to blast me and accuse me of trying to offend people... but I WILL say that there were many people who went to see this film for the WRONG reasons.

It is sad that of the few people who did see this film, many probably saw it out of perversion.