What's new

BULLY - Anyone know if it's anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I can't find any indication it's 16:9 enhanced. Does anyone know?

As usual, I'll only buy it if it's anamorphic. Some studios are so bad about providing the information that it's impossible to find out. They don't seem to realize they're losing sales by not indicating when it's 16:9 enhanced.

Deane

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
I agree entirely about how few studios clearly identify on the packaging whether a disc is enhanced for w/screen or not, to me and surely anybody else with 16:9 telly, it's the most important information, the DVD Forum should have set a standard like say 16:9 and a little tick by the side.

It amuses me also that they make out they are doing us some kind of major favour by providing anamorphic enhancement, it's no big deal guy's, here in the UK every one of the key 5 traditionally terrestial Channel's on SKY Digital anamorphasize (is that a word?) just about everything which possible can be, for God's sake the BBC show both the olympics and most cartoons in window box anamorphic, they obviously have a machine which does it live as they broadcast, but the results generally look like a very good DVD.

It's incredibly important and incredibly easy, how often does that happen!!!

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chauncey
The transfer is anamorphic. The transfer is quite good. I saw no edge enhancement. The movie is very good, and very disturbing, IMHO.

Good Luck,

BobG

Stunt Coordinator
I can't find any indication it's 16:9 enhanced. Does anyone know?
As usual, I'll only buy it if it's anamorphic. Some studios are so bad about providing the information that it's impossible to find out. They don't seem to realize they're losing sales by not indicating when it's 16:9 enhanced.
Deane
You posted the same thing at DVDTalk

David Ruiz

Second Unit
I still haven't seen this movie, and I didn't want to, but in the "Hollywood Video" movie guide, it lists this movie as having "Extreme" Sex/Nudity. Is this true? If so, how much is considered EXTREME? I will watch this movie, if just for that.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Bully was in my Top10 for the year. A great movie IMHO, a very good transfer(it was a low budget film)and yes David theres quite a bit of nudity, I dont know if I would call it extreme but theres a few scenes of boobs and bush if thats what u want to see.

Dont buy this DVD for that reason.If its nudity you want theres a million others you can get that will make you happier-get this for the movie,its worth it I think.

BTW, Dont panic when you see "Theatrical Version" on the back of the DVD-the movie was released in theaters unrated so the "Theaterical Version" is the uncut version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks