Bullitt - Worth Buying?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Forrest, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Forrest

Forrest Auditioning

Hey gang,

I am interested in picking up a copy of Bullitt with Steve McQueen. I have done a quick search on the site and can't find any reviews/info on the disk.

From what I gather it is an old flipper from 1997. How is the quality of the disk and extras? Any word on a collector's edition or special treatment?

Thanks in advance

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I think there's a two-disc SE being released in Europe, so it's very likely we'd see the same thing here.

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

i've watched the current disc on a large FP and thought it was just fine.
    this may have been an early disc, but its miles ahead of things like Outland and Blade Runner in terms of PQ.
    i noticed no distracting artifacting or macro blocking; print appeared to be fine, dark scenes were solid, etc
    i've also heard the rumour that a SE is coming (maybe it was in one of the chats), but i doubt i will upgrade.
    apart from the extras, i don't see how much they could really improve the transfer here.

iirc, its only a flipper in the sense that one side probably has a full screen version, while the other has the widescreen (i only watched the widescreen).

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

a 2-disc S.E. is definitely coming.

5. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

6. Forrest

Forrest Auditioning

Thanks Julian, I searched and found a few reviews, but most of them were of the movie and not the quality of the disk.

As a Mustang guy (I have '68 myself) and a fan of Steve McQueen, it is definitely on my wishlist, but I will hold out for the SE.