Bulb went out on my DVD player.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

On the front of the DVD player, one of the bulbs? went out, and I'm curious to know if it's something I can repair on my own, or do I need to bring it to a service technician.

For example, the display on the front says

O EN

Where the P should be, the display is gone.

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Hey Dome, does it effect the players performance any? If not i'd say leave it as it is, it shouldn't hurt anything. I've got my entire display on the face of my player set to off so the only way to tell that's it's even on is by the little green light. It's a Sony 5 dvd changer BTW.

I hate needless light sources in my HT, I only wish I could turn my reciever's display off as well, but I can dim it. It's also a Sony.

But I can understand you wanting to get it fixed as I would imagine it looks pretty cockeyed eh?

3. Dome Vongvises

Hey John,
    I'm just one of those guys that can't stand looking at broken things, especially broken digital displays on electronic devices. My brother dropped his cell phone five days after buying it, and the guy refused to get the LCD? display fixed. It had ugly looking lines running across it, and it was a serious eyesore.
    The same way works with the DVD player. I'd like to know how much time has elapsed only to see
    1: 4:52
    Is it 1:14:52 or 1:24:53?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Dome Vongvises

The front panel on my display has gotten worse. I have two letters missing now. [​IMG]
    Instead of
    OPEN
    Now it's
    EN