What's new

Bulb help (1 Viewer)

robert*

Auditioning
I just started getting lamp warning on my MITS HC3000U. Any good sources for best prices on a replacement? are their refurb. bulbs that are reliable? Thanks for any advice!
Robert

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Here's one: Mitsubishi HC3000U, VLT-HC910LP Projector Replacement Lamp, Bulb, $269 - Projectorquest
Never heard of a refurbished bulb............
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

brinnington

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Wilkins
Hi Robert,

My understanding of a refurbished bulb is where you install a new bulb in the old reflector of the lamp. This requires a degree of precision. We know of some suppliers that provide this but we have yet to buy some of their products and check out their quality.

Generally, you may be better off getting a complete lamp (bulb and reflector) for a projector and installing that in its housing. Normally, this is straighforward, on the order of fitting an electric plug. However, some Mitsubishi lamps can be tricky and the HC3000U could be one of them.

Another alternative would be to get a compatible projector lamp module. This should save you some money and a good quality one should give you the same lamp life and picture quality.

Good luck.

Best,

Bob

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Discount Merchants (which I've used for my JVC)
DLP Lamp Xpress
and
Projector Quest
(both of which I've heard good things about from others)

all offer good prices, but my observation is that each is better for some brands than for others. (DM had the best price on my JVC bulb, DLP Lamp Xpress had the best price for my nephew's Samsung, Projector Quest the best for a friend's Sony.)

Just curious - how long have you had the set?

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks