What's new

Built in plate amp question (1 Viewer)

Stuart.C

Auditioning
I'm planning to build two Shiva vented 142.5 sub's over the holiday's with my friend. (he has the tools and work shop, I do the research).

My question is; when building the plate amp into the enclosure do you have to seal off the amp on the inside (boxed in) to maintain "air tight" (except for the port) nature of the sub?

I've looked at lots of the constuction photo's on this site, but none seem to show the back side of the amp mounting.

The amp I'm using is the CSS Sub250RF, very similar to the Parts Express 300-793.

Thanks

Jordan_Brulotte

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that as long as the seal between the amp and you cabinet is good, then nothing else is needed. This how my amp is mounted. I think most plate amps will have a sealant on the inside around all the connectors, such as rca inputs and power. My tempest cabinet has no air leaks from the amp.

Oh and on a more direct note I used the same amp that your are looking to pickup

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks